Can this strap be shortened?

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
First of all, I apologize if this has been discussed already. I searched but I could not find anything.

So I have had the long strap for my Pochette Accessories for many years now and I don't really wear it since it's just too long on me, especially because of that extra part on the Pochette where it hooks onto which makes it even longer. I am 5'7", not exactly short, so I don't know what other people who are shorter than me do with this. The strap as it is now falls at about a little over 24" when hooked onto the purse. I need at least 2" taken off but upon looking at the strap and the way it's stitched, I'm not sure if a cobbler can do this.

Has anyone had this strap made shorter? Does LV do it or can I take it into a cobbler? I appreciate any insight on what you have done. Thank you and Happy Holidays :smile:

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/shoulder-strap-vvn-004671

onmymind24seven

thinking of LV.
Oct 18, 2013
Chi-Town state of mind!
I read on the forum ( the Eva clubhouse?) that a few ladies here had shorten this strap before but not by LV because they don't alter their designs and it will void their warranty if you do. They took it into a cobbler and the cobbler did a great job, I'm sure there's still picture floating around. If you're planning to keep this strap and not mind voiding the warranty then the cobbler is a good alternative.

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
I read on the forum ( the Eva clubhouse?) that a few ladies here had shorten this strap before but not by LV because they don't alter their designs and it will void their warranty if you do. They took it into a cobbler and the cobbler did a great job, I'm sure there's still picture floating around. If you're planning to keep this strap and not mind voiding the warranty then the cobbler is a good alternative.
Thank you! Yes, I've had this strap since like 2010 give it take so it's definitely in my collection lol. I just never wear it since it's a bit too long on the bag and looks funny.