Can this possibly be a scam?

Hey Eleni, everyone is getting these messages through eBay now, the question through eBay that I received was not from your eBay account so at least you don't have to worry. I was lucky that I didn't login either when I went directly to the link, nor when I searched the eBayer through the eBay system. Go to eBay's home page and do a live chat with one of the associates. See if they can let you know if your account is still safe.

thanks for writing.
thank GOD you are smart enough not to put your password in.
now, you def have to change all of your passwords, sucks but true!
have you reported it to ebay yet?

I complained to ebay, but just never heard anything back. I can't belive it's still there either!

I did the live chat thing... and they wanted my phone number so they could call me to confirm it was indeed myself that was chatting with them. They secured my account and e-mailed all the people that "I had e-mailed" a notice of the scam.

Everything since then has been working fine. I changed my password to my ebay account, paypal and e-mail account linked to it.

I did the live chat thing... and they wanted my phone number so they could call me to confirm it was indeed myself that was chatting with them. They secured my account and e-mailed all the people that "I had e-mailed" a notice of the scam.

Everything since then has been working fine. I changed my password to my ebay account, paypal and e-mail account linked to it.

Oh good.:smile:

Right now Ebay is the target of a major hacking attack. Just re-logging in after opening an email might even expose your paswword, no one is really sure what kinds of scripts this guy is writing.

The email the Original Poster received is the one being used to steal login info. If you get anything IN YOUR EBAY MESSAGES that says "I want to know if this is the same item with the item listed at this address..." DO NOT click on any of the links!

Change your passwords at LEAST once a week and IMMEDIATELY if you've made the mistake of clicking on a link in an email or a login page that appears right after you've read one of these emails. And if you have a selling account that you don't check at least once a day, START CHECKING IT.

How far has 'Vladuz' hacked into eBay? - The Red Tape Chronicles - MSNBC.com

If you think you're account has been hacked or your password may have been compromised, contact Ebay's Live Help immediately, the link is on this page:
How do I contact Customer Support?(About Live Help, Live Chat, Phone Number)

I love eBay, but the number of scammers is starting to scare me. When I was selling some of my purses recently, I had a couple of "potential bidders" email me with what first sounded like legit emails through the eBay system, but then later directly to my email with weird stories about how they just started with paypal, but they couldn't use it yet, so they needed to directly wire me funds to my bank account. Yeah, like I would give anyone my bank account information. Thanks for keeping these threads updates so we can keep each other informedQ

...What's odd is that the email IS in my messages in my eBay account, and MissMay81 IS an eBayer that has an aboutme page on eBay. However, I can not view it without eBay asking me to logon.

I don't think it is odd. This is called 'phishing' and all it means is that the phisher is using ask seller a question or something to send the message.

There are computer programs now that can search eBay and send questions to people based on whatever criteria is specified by the user, or they can send regular emails!

Smoothoprter, I really appreciate you starting this thread. There seem to be so many new and innovative scams, which I'm sure I would not recognize, if helpful posters such as yourself, did not bring them to our attention. :yes:

I completely fell prey to this today and it sickens me. They cancelled all the bids I had on the various items I was selling then must have started sending out second chance offers. Why do they do this? How does it benefit them? I've gotten a couple questions from the bidders asking if I emailed them a second chance offer. My account is on 24 hour block so I can't respond to these people. So far I changed my password on Ebay, paypal and email. Is there anything else I need to do or keep an eye out for? I'm almost scared to continue selling because of all the emails I get each day. How will I know who is legit and who is not? The person who sent me the email with the corrupting link had perfect feedback and a lot of it. I usually check that before I reply to people's emails, etc. and they seem safe I'm terrified now!

What also sickens me is that one of my bags had a lot of bids and watchers of whom I've now all lost and I'm sure they're all thinking I'm a total loser seller because their bids were removed and Ebay had to remove the auction. The ebay person told me they can't email the bidders to let them know anything happened. He said I just lost them and that was that. This whole thing ticks me off so much!!!