Can this be true .....Epi Brea?

It is pricey...that's for sure. Do you think it's worth the price compared to others that LV offers that are similar? I wanted to choke when Hubby shelled out almost that much for the Bowling Montaigne in Rubis last summer. However, I have carried that bag so much and I am so happy with it.
Yes, I personally think it's worth it.

I know for a lot of us, spending over 2000 dollars is a lot of money.

However, that being said, I'd much perfer to spend that 2000 dollars on a line, such as an Epi or a Vernis because they tend to hold up much better than the canvas (especially the former - incredible craftsmanship and sophistication!) That is the reason that my collection focuses mainly on the Vernis line. I'm slowly starting to transition myself into Epi as well since I have seen some impeccable products dated wayyyy back from the early 90's, and realized how important material is when it comes to purchasing bags (for me at least).

I still love the monogram, and I still love the Damier...Heck, I love LV in general! But my heart will always, always go out first to the Vernis and now the Epi. :biggrin:

Yes, I personally think it's worth it.

I know for a lot of us, spending over 2000 dollars is a lot of money.

However, that being said, I'd much perfer to spend that 2000 dollars on a line, such as an Epi or a Vernis because they tend to hold up much better than the canvas (especially the former - incredible craftsmanship and sophistication!) That is the reason that my collection focuses mainly on the Vernis line. I'm slowly starting to transition myself into Epi as well since I have seen some impeccable products dated wayyyy back from the early 90's, and realized how important material is when it comes to purchasing bags (for me at least).

I still love the monogram, and I still love the Damier...Heck, I love LV in general! But my heart will always, always go out first to the Vernis and now the Epi. :biggrin:

I spend $800 about 4 years ago on a beautiful leather Coach bag. I remember thinking "That's crazy!" However, I didn't get the pleasure (or the wear) out of it that I have my LV. I do have a damier Saleya but I don't carry it very often. I like it a lot, but I carry my epi quite a bit more. My epi looks like it did the day I bought it and I'm not careful with it. It's been rained on, bumped into, parked on the floor. It's still hangig in there with exactly the same look.

Saw the epi brea mm today. Was ready to make the purchase; just so in love with this LV style. But when I zipped it open and then tried to zip it close I had a difficult time (scraping my fingers and knuckles on the hardware located on the somewhat rigid frame). Trying to convince myself I can live with the bag unzipped. My SA informed me that other potential customers made the same comment. Anybody with similar experiences?

Saw the epi brea mm today. Was ready to make the purchase; just so in love with this LV style. But when I zipped it open and then tried to zip it close I had a difficult time (scraping my fingers and knuckles on the hardware located on the somewhat rigid frame). Trying to convince myself I can live with the bag unzipped. My SA informed me that other potential customers made the same comment. Anybody with similar experiences?

I had expressed a similar concern above (see # 66). I don't think I could live with it open because it seems to gap too much. On another board, someone who has a Brea MM in the Vernis said that it isn't a problem. My concern was that the zipper seems to go over the edge quickly and it takes two hands to pull it back around to close it. I would think it would soften up just a little but I don't know. My epi has.

I looked at the Brea MM in red yesterday in the store. It is a beautiful bag and perhaps a potential new purchase down the road! I like the fact that you can use the strap or carry it. I was sort of rushed for time in the store, so I didn't check out the zipper and the insides of the bag. Hopefully the zipper is not a problem.

I would also love to see pics if anyone has them! For those of you who own the bag, what do you think of it so far?

I looked at the Brea MM in red yesterday in the store. It is a beautiful bag and perhaps a potential new purchase down the road! I like the fact that you can use the strap or carry it. I was sort of rushed for time in the store, so I didn't check out the zipper and the insides of the bag. Hopefully the zipper is not a problem.

I would also love to see pics if anyone has them! For those of you who own the bag, what do you think of it so far?

I love the strap option too! There is something chic about an arm bag, but for serious shopping, I like being able to put my bag over my shoulder.