Can this be repaired?

samfb24

Jan 8, 2017
I just bought a Louis Vuitton Multiple Wallet M60895 from 2015 on the second hand market for a very good deal, it looks very lightly used if at all and I have no reason as of yet to question it's authenticity, everything checks out. However I did notice a small tear on the side of one of the card slots on the left side of the wallet (pic attached), unfortunately I noticed this after already purchasing it. I'm wondering if this is something that can be repaired if I take it to my local LV store?

Attachments

• pic.jpeg
    pic.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Unfortunately this is the innate problem with cut sleeves versus constructed sleeves - they can tear.
Take it to the store, this should never happen under normal use. I would fully expect them to exchange it for you.

- Oliver

I have a vintage LV satchel and the canvas part bubbled - probably due to the humidity. I brought it to the store to check if they could repair it, but they only accept repairs that are not caused by wear and tear. I think they would most likely claim your wallet tear is from wear and tear too.

that would be tough to fix,, if there is a layer of leather behind it, you could stitch it to that to prevent the tear from growing, but to make it look brand new, would be very tough.