Can this be fixed?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The edges of my Tharpe straps are starting to get cracked all over (I don't know what they are called I guess it is edges...the binding/finishing stuff if that makes sense...same stuff as on the edges of the strap on my Havanas and Lorca). I am so sad, as my Tharpe is my favorite HH bag ever...of course it gets used the most so it is starting to show wear which is expected, but I hate this cracking on the handles... Is this something that can even be repaired? I buy and resell so many bags that I usually don't have them for long enough to wear them enough for this to happen.

2. Do you have a shoe place you trust? You might ask there. I don't know if redoing the edge coating would help of it the handles are just so worn / stretched that a new coating would crack. You'd probably have to get the old stuff off - maybe glue together any layers that had seperated and then do the coating. I was going to experiment with this stiff on an old bag I had but it went to the thrift store.

http://springfieldleather.com/store/product/7156/Edge-Kote,Brown,4oz/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice