Can this bag be saved?

maclreef

Jul 29, 2020
Hello,
I am hoping one of you brilliant people might be able to give some advice regarding this bag.

This is my poor dusty rose Coach large bandit that has unfortunately gone through some pretty rough treatment.

As you can see there are scrapes, damage from an unknown liquid, and unknown black marks.

I have tried the Coach leather cleaner/conditioner. This did nothing for the scrapes and water stain, and seemed to make the black marks even darker. Kind of at my wits end with it as Coach is not taking bags for repair and the stores in my area are either closed, or if open, are not offering any cleaning & conditioning services due to Covid-19.

Any suggestions as to what I could do myself would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

20200816_222520.jpg20200816_222500.jpg20200816_222433.jpg

I actually have a Coach small east west flap bag that ended up with a water stain and mold. I washed it in a sink filled with cool water and mild saddle soap. Scrubbed out the mold inside then rinsed it very well so no bubbles remained and dried it off. Stuffed it with paper upside down and let it dry for 2 to 3 weeks. It looked terrible at the start but you can't see the stain anymore and the wrinkles from washing are pretty much gone too. There is some kind of leather spackle for scrapes but I don't think it dries clear and you have to touch the color up which may be more than you want to do.