Can this bag be repaired?

meghan.n

Mar 10, 2018
I bought a pre-used reade pm with expectations receiving a beautiful beige shade vernis, but instead, I received something on the more yellow side, and the vachetta could use a little bit more repair than I thought. :crybaby:
Thankfully this bag has very little markings, but I am dying to cover the uneven yellowish color this bag has. Preferably I'd like to give it a more beige brown color if possible, or if thats not achievable then something more pink!
But my question is, given the condition the vernis is in, could this color be dyed over easily? Secondly, with enough cleaning, could the tops of the handles become a little more lighter looking? I have never put any repair into a bag before. Thank you so much!

The pictures show it to be more even in color and even a tad bit darker.

They won’t re-dye your bag but they can certainly replace your handles for a fee. If you re-dye it yourself it will void repairs offered by LV.
Yep, understandably! I've been looking around at other people's repair work because I'll most likely just have someone clean the straps and dye the vernis to save me the money of replacing the straps.

Yep, understandably! I've been looking around at other people's repair work because I'll most likely just have someone clean the straps and dye the vernis to save me the money of replacing the straps.
If it's not as described you should contact the seller to return. Because you don't want to do all that and then end up with a bag that's not to your liking or ruined. Assuming this is on ebay, you can file a claim if they won't accept the return request.

If it's not as described you should contact the seller to return. Because you don't want to do all that and then end up with a bag that's not to your liking or ruined. Assuming this is on ebay, you can file a claim if they won't accept the return request.
That is true...I am thinking I should return it but it upsets me to do so because I was so excited to get this bag and it was such a good price ):

That is true...I am thinking I should return it but it upsets me to do so because I was so excited to get this bag and it was such a good price ):

I was about to suggest that dying Vernis might be a bad idea, but I Googled it and found this: http://frumptofabdesign.blogspot.com/2012/11/dye-patent-leather.html Lol! Who knew? I have to say, I'm amazed and impressed with her gumption. Apparently it is also possible to have a leather shop replace the handles with leather that looks like LV. I guess the thing is, you'd have to get a very very good price to make it worth the effort and expense, and the interior would have to be in good shape. In the video, her wallet turned out quite well, but she only paid $25 for it. :smile: Let us know what you decide! :heart:

I would prob return but somewhere on here I recall someone dying vernis a different color (not same as original). There are people who do it but I’ve only seen colors died to something else not refreshing original color. Nevertheless I personally would be afraid to touch it.

It depends what you're looking for colour wise. If you proceeded to dye it then you would need to go darker than it is currently so you're not going to get back to its beige colour. IIRC, there are people on here that have dyed vernis items. As for the handles, you could clean them up yourself with a little time and effort, have LV replace them before attempting any dye job or see if there is someone in your area you could take it to.

Those bags have a low resale value. I'm sure you can find another one in better condition. Cleaning will not improve the handles that much. Don't do anything to the bag, contact the seller and request a return.