Can the Alzer be carried aboard the plane?

lp640

O.G.
Jun 5, 2009
I am getting one of the smaller sized Alzer hard case luggage, and the dimensions are within the carry on rules.

Would they give me a hard time carrying it on? I do not want to check them in and have them damaged or stolen.

I read somewhere that if you check in your LV luggage.. there's a high chance it'll be stolen! I read that the guy checked in one one flight, lost the luggage. Next flight, lost another piece of luggage. So then he finally went to walmart and bought a cheap luggage set and that wasnt stolen!

I think the dimension may be within the rules but the weight could be too much for the overhead compartment. The Bisten is a little lighter I think.

I have always wondered this too? I figured that people only bought them for their private jets or boat travel as I think it's too heavy as well as not being able to generous in sizing compared to the Pegase and Keepall.

I also think it is a matter of weight. Have LV informed you of the weights when empty?

I am currently waiting for various weight info on the Alzer & Biston, I have not seen this info posted anywhere on tpf? so will post it when I know, unless anyone has the info?.

I have a huge Alzer 80 (it's a rescue project) and I just checked the weight, 8,83kg (19,47 lbs) empty without the inside tray. The smaller sizes should be less than this.

Personally, I'd be worried about the functionality of it. It seems heavy and like it would be a PITA to lug through the airport, especially when you're hurrying to catch your next flight. Plus, I'd be worried about it being stolen! That's why I'm not buying one until I have a private jet and a butler to carry it on for me. :biggrin:

It has just been discussed fully on a thread called hard sided luggage I usually travel with two but look for this thread it will help you with sizes and looks air planes and so on.

I wouldn't carry any LV bags bigger than handbags - which stay with me- on a plane. Once I was forced to gate check my carryon (very small suitcase that I never had to check in on any flight) because people had already hogged all the overhead compartments and we were late from our connecting flight. Thanks to advice from fellow tpfers, I only brought my one LV and didn't pack any!!!

An aside note : I'm dying for a Keepall but I know it won't get much use since we always fly everywhere, never drive. And I'd be afraid to use it/check it.

I would advise not getting a hard-sided piece for plane or train travel. A hard-sided piece would be amazing, but would keep that for car travel. It would be way too hard to lift, carry, and shove into the overhead. Plus it might get scratched.

LVLoveaffair: You can use a Keepall up to a 55 on the plane. Since it's soft-sided it will be fine. My sister has one and has never had a problem with it.