Can´t even ask seller a question from outside the US

Miss T.

<3
O.G.
Jan 8, 2010
I hope it is ok that I post my question here.

Things have changed on eBay lately, I guess due to upgrades? If a seller lists they will ship to the US only, international buyers can no longer even post questions, and this is really frustrating when the seller says "International bidders please contact me for shipping costs". Is there anything I can do? Or just give up? :sad:

Well, if that is true that would indeed be a stupid measure when buyers who state that they want international bidders to contact first also have to immediately open their auction for all intl buyers... I think this will have negative effects on both intl buyers and sellers! :sad:
It is of course a good think for sellers who really don't want to sell intl!

I hope it is ok that I post my question here.

Things have changed on eBay lately, I guess due to upgrades? If a seller lists they will ship to the US only, international buyers can no longer even post questions, and this is really frustrating when the seller says "International bidders please contact me for shipping costs". Is there anything I can do? Or just give up? :sad:

Have you spoken to anyone at eBay? Don't know if Norway's eBay has a chat, but I've gotten the most direct answers by using the chat or a phone call.

This is a setting that the seller may not even know they have placed. In the buyer requirements, where they provide their exclusions (not selling to people below a certain fb number, not selling to people in x countries, etc) there is a box that asks whether or not sellers would like to block communications from buyers who are excluded. If they check that box, then the potential buyer who may be excluded is unable to ask questions.

The seller may have checked the box thinking she/he doesn't want to hear from people who are on her blocked buyer's list and didn't realize that it would also block everyone else who fall into the buyer requirements preferences.

This isn't a glitch or a new thing.

Thanks for your input marie-lou, Prada and thepoppet. :smile:

I thought it was a new eBay thing, as it has happened to me twice now, and never before.

I tried the chat, they offered to give me the seller´s phone, but that doesn´t feel right. Maybe I´ll try the chat again and see if they can send the seller an email to her on my behalf.

Okay, I have figured out a way around this because it happened to me with an item I REALLY wanted!!!!! The listing even said they would ship worlwide but I was still blocked.

What you need to do is an advanced search on the users name, I think through the community section, and you can contact the member about the listing that way.

Good luck!

woody, it worked! You´re a lifesaver! :yahoo: As long as I chose that it didn´t regard a specific item, I was allowed to send her a question!

I lost a HG this way, I am so happy there is a way around it, thanks again to all for helping me out! :smile:

Keeping my fingers crossed now.

Okay, I have figured out a way around this because it happened to me with an item I REALLY wanted!!!!! The listing even said they would ship worlwide but I was still blocked.

What you need to do is an advanced search on the users name, I think through the community section, and you can contact the member about the listing that way.

Good luck!
Great info!! I am sure I might need this sometime :biggrin:;)