Can someone point me in the right direction?

Leeloo885

Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times, so I wondered if someone could point me to the right thread....? I've searched but not successfully found what I'm looking for.

How do you go about repairing a chip on the free edge of an SOG manicure, please?

I did a French manicure on Sunday and one finger has already chipped quite badly (middle finger on left hand). I suspect this is because my coats (especially the white) are too thick but I'd like to fix it but if possible without soaking the whole nail off and starting again.

Many thanks! :smile:

Not sure where you can find this info in another thread as I am new to TPF, but, last week one of my nails broke and I was in a similar situation. I very carefully painted the area where the polish had chipped, 2 coats of color and then top coat. I don't remember if I applied the base or not but it wouldn't hurt. You couldn't even tell that it was repaired. Just be careful with your application and you should be fine. Hope this helps!

Not sure where you can find this info in another thread as I am new to TPF, but, last week one of my nails broke and I was in a similar situation. I very carefully painted the area where the polish had chipped, 2 coats of color and then top coat. I don't remember if I applied the base or not but it wouldn't hurt. You couldn't even tell that it was repaired. Just be careful with your application and you should be fine. Hope this helps!

That's what I would do too. Someone else has also used those patterned nail polish strips to disguise a chip, turning it into an accent nail- very clever I thought! Good luck, hope you can fix it to your satisfaction :smile:

That's what I would do too. Someone else has also used those patterned nail polish strips to disguise a chip, turning it into an accent nail- very clever I thought! Good luck, hope you can fix it to your satisfaction :smile:

Thank you. I will try just try "patching" over the chipped area and curing it and see what happens :smile:

Really really need to work on using thin coats but I'm rubbish at it!!