Can someone help? Will a cinnamon 07 look just like an 04 marron...

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
I checked the color reference library and they look almost identical. Anyone have an opinion?? Thanks so much!!! Marron is my dream color, but I found a pritsine cinnamon so don't know what to do. Thanks!!

OR is the new black cherry going to be even better of a match...eek too many decisions!!

nicole2730

O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
marron 04 is like a mellow burgandy brown, mogano is like a mahogany brown - does that make sense? the red is a lot more bright in the mogano then in the marron.

and the leathers are really different too. but IMO mogano/cinnamon is totally gorgeous!!!!! if you're looking for a great red/brown bag, you can't miss with a mogano - the leather from f/w 07 is gorgeous :drool:

glossie

Jun 30, 2007
NO. probably more similar to 06 marron but i doubt it as well since 06 marron does not have the red tinge or hue of mogano which appears more pronounced only under certain lighting. i'd say the red in 04 marron is the primary colour rather than brown whereas mogano looks mostly brown. hope you get what i'm trying to say. i don't have the 04 marron irl but this is my take.

Last edited:

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
try as they might (or not, I am not really sure) Balenciaga has not successfully (IMHO) duplicated a previous color yet :nogood:

Just look at the LE Magenta v 05 Magenta thread: they were supposed to be identical. Not so much IRL.

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
Thanks so much all! I here you about the duplication. Kind of the same with the Turqouise. I think it gets brighter every year...lol
:shrugs:

try as they might (or not, I am not really sure) Balenciaga has not successfully (IMHO) duplicated a previous color yet :nogood:

Just look at the LE Magenta v 05 Magenta thread: they were supposed to be identical. Not so much IRL.

mizzjen

Feb 21, 2008
Okay, this is a great answer, I totally get it. The red is what I LOVE about the marron. It is just so subtle and beutiful. Oh but it's so hard to wait it out... :sad:
Thanks so much for your help.:heart:

NO. probably more similar to 06 marron but i doubt it as well since 06 marron does not have the red tinge or hue of mogano which appears more pronounced only under certain lighting. i'd say the red in 04 marron is the primary colour rather than brown whereas mogano looks mostly brown. hope you get what i'm trying to say. i don't have the 04 marron irl but this is my take.

sunspark

O.G.
Nov 6, 2005
I have great photos of the two of them together but can't get my album to open. I did post the pics here on the forum so maybe they can be found.
Exactly as the others have said re the colors. The marron twiggy actually had a different feeling leather (BETTER!) to the city, and I should know, I owned 3 of each at one point lol.
Cheers, Carolyn

glossie

Jun 30, 2007
Okay, this is a great answer, I totally get it. The red is what I LOVE about the marron. It is just so subtle and beutiful. Oh but it's so hard to wait it out... :sad:
Thanks so much for your help.:heart:

don't menton. but i could be wrong. nicole's post seems to contradict mine. i just went to the reference and clubhouse subforums. mogano shows up so red in so many pics altho it's a different red tone from 04 marron. wait for the search funtion to come back and search for sunspark's comparison pics.

lovely64

LunAtic
O.G.
Nov 17, 2006
Sad but true:sad: no identical colours from dif. seasons yet (never will be either IMO as the leather is so different now from what it used to be, on most of he newer bags at least)

Luvhandbags!

Bal bag aholic
Jul 7, 2007

Twiggers, I just bought the LE Magenta on Bag Passion because I think it is a to die for Magenta color. Is the 05 Magenta lighter???? How do they compare to each other????? Thanks in advance!!

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006

Luvhandbags!

Bal bag aholic
Jul 7, 2007
Oh okay......sounds like I will really like it.....especially since I can't find an 05 Magenta. Thanks!

I just checked the link you posted and both colors are just wonderful, but I do think since I am an old lady, the 07 LE Magenta will be better for me as it isn't quite as intense as you said. Thanks!!

Is that an 05 Magenta in your avatar???? It is gorgeous!

Last edited: