Can someone help me learn how to spot a fake LV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spotted an unpleasant neighbor with a LV backpack purse thingy (sorry, don't know the names of the bags!), and I'd be amazed if it were the real thing. She's quite pretentious, so I'd love the personal satisfaction of knowing it's not real :graucho:. If it is, ah well, my bad!!

Anyway, I know next to nothing about all this and am just trying to learn, so can anyone point me to some pics of real vs fake and if it's even possible for a novice to tell at a distance?

Thanks so much!! :tup:

It is easy well for starters LV uses natural leather trim on their monogram bags which darkens over time so the fake bags usually have shiny plastic trim and the stiches are usually lose and have chipping on the sides the canvas is hard to tell the difference un less the LV's are upside down on both sides also on the most commonly counterfeint bag the Speedy they ussually have Feet on them they are not supposed to and also the plastic trim issues apply oh and some people that get ripped off think that by leaving their tag on their bag people won't think that their bag is fake but LV doesn't put tags on their bags only on clothes scarffs etc also if you see that they are decorated with pandas and onion heads :lagh:

Take a look at the authenticate this thread, there are some things that are dead giveaways and then there are some that are more subtle. We don't have a reference per say in one place as it would also mean that research for counterfeiters becomes easier and we wouldn't want to build a reference for making fakes. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.