Can someone explain the way they code the year made on each bag

1. I know there is a letter on each bag that translates to the year a bag was made. Can someone explain how that goes?

Thanks, and sorry, I know that this was posted once before. I just can't find it.

2. to clarify, I meant how the blindstamps are decided.

3. This year, 2006 is 'J' next year is 'K' and so on. Another small thing is that before A in a square in 1997, it was Z in a circle for 1996. So after which ever year it is that there would be a Z in a square, they probably will have 'A' in 3D tetrahedron blindstamp by then, :smile:

4. [​IMG] Re: Hermes Informative Catalog
    Each year is indicated by a letter of the alphabet: i.e. 2006 is J last year was I, the year before was H and so on. So if if you want to know what year an older bag was made in , you just go backwards with the alphabet. I have a bag that was made in 1997 and has the letter A, the year before that will be Z. Once you get to Z you start again from A.

(Source: H information catalog...posted by the lovely Duna)

5. Here's what I was told on another Hermes board. I haven't verified this myself, but it seems correct.

A-J in a square (or is it rectangle) = 1997 - 2006, respectively

A-Z in a circle = 1971 - 1996, respectively

A-Z no goemetric symbol = 1945 - 1970, respectively

(source: H information Catalog)

6. Thanks for this info, I didn't know that they only started the blindstamp after 2nd World War.

7. I have also heard that the geometric symbol helps with the dating. For instance a J in a rectangle stands for 2005 and you work backwards from there until you get to an A in a square, and then the previous year would be a Z in a circle and you work backwards from there, so you can go back pretty far.

(source: H Information Catalog)

Hope this helps...I am piecing them in here as I find them.

8. Oooh, anyone wanna place a non-monetary bet on what is the next shape that they'll use?

9. Kou, we'll have to wait until 2022 (or something like that!) so it's pretty far away!!;)

10. That's really interesting information, thanks for sharing, ladies!

Kou, how about an ostrich? That way by 2022 (or so), it would have grown into a useable hide :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice