Can someone explain hot stamping to me?

TVluvsLV

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Hi everyone, I have bought a bunch of LVs from elux and the boutique, but the boutique SA's have never mentioned hot stamps to me. I didn't know about it until I saw some of your threads. How much is it and is it worth it???
Thanks!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LV!!!!

it is free and its definitely a personal choice if its something you want to do. i didnt want to do it to my bag so i got a luggage tag heat stamped and just hung it on my bag.

Do you think that it de-values the bag in any way?
I was thinking about having my frange speedy done---since it is a limited piece and I feel sorta proud/overprotective of it.

What do you think???

TVluvsLV said:
OH, and do you have to wait long to have it done, I mean, can you take it to the store and leave that same day with it hot stamped????

depends on the store and how busy it is. some you can wait while they do it, other stores make you leave it. I know the boston store and the manhatten stores make u leave them usually

Definitely, You're right---then there's versatility, too and I can transfer it to various bags....

Hmmmmm...next time I go to NY!!
Otherwise, I have access to the Atlantic City and King of prussia stores, but K of P is a very small store...

I would only heat stamp the bags that I know I'll have forever and will not ever think of selling them later. Otherwise, I don't know who will buy your heat stamped bag since it won't be their initials unless they want to change all the leather tabs themselves.

I'll heat stamp the bags that have great sentimental values to you.