Can someone convince me to go for a facial...

I love facials (and don't find extractions terrible) but end up with pimples for weeks afterwards. Even from the "high end" spa that use products like Pevonia. If the pimples didn't happen, I would go every month! Any idea why?

I love facials (and don't find extractions terrible) but end up with pimples for weeks afterwards. Even from the "high end" spa that use products like Pevonia. If the pimples didn't happen, I would go every month! Any idea why?

I would guess that the products they use don't agree with your skin. I've had similar experiences re: pimples, usually as a result of facials that come with a facial and scalp massage. I think the product used clogs pores with all the stretching and pushing/pulling on the skin.

Also, if you're worried about extractions I would advise against them. If they are done improperly, you can end up with permanent scars.

I only get a facial when I am extremely stressed out because I have a much better understanding of what agrees with my own skin than any spa. Usually I get them with a package: full body massage, mani/pedi, etc.

While my exfoliator and steam are working away during my monthly facials, they do an arm and hand massage, which is great, and then when the mask is working they massage my upper chest, upper back, neck and scalp. At some point before the mask they do a nice long massage of the face. It is truly heavenly.

I had the same problem when I had a facial. I never went back. I got these knots under my skin after the facial, not a small pimple, but something cystic. I did read somewhere that some people have reactions that way.