Can someone answer a few questions about my new Speedy?

Feb 7, 2013
Unlike alot of long time collectors, the speedy wasn't my first LV. I actually just got it today.

All of my other bags have Louis Vuitton made in France or USA....but this one just had Louis Vuitton Paris on it. I am confused did they change the format?

I bought it at the website so I guess authenticity isn't an issue (I hope..:shrugs:)

Any thoughts or does anyone else have this?

Thanks in advance.

It should have a cloth tag on the inside of the bag stating it was made in the USA with imported materials. Speedys now made in the USA with the cloth tag no longer state the made in part on the outside of the bag..hope this helps!

They change the labeling last year...for fired of people alWays asking for MIF bags (so I'm told). Your new cloth tag should be sewn in a seam and should read MIU from imported materials

It should have a cloth tag on the inside of the bag stating it was made in the USA with imported materials. Speedys now made in the USA with the cloth tag no longer state the made in part on the outside of the bag..

This. It confused me too. I bought two bags so far this year and they were both like that. Seems that this will be the case for many LV bags, for a while anyway. There is actually a whole long thread about it if you feel like some reading :smile: cannot remember the name of that thread, maybe someone else can help post the link.

This. It confused me too. I bought two bags so far this year and they were both like that. Seems that this will be the case for many LV bags, for a while anyway. There is actually a whole long thread about it if you feel like some reading :smile: cannot remember the name of that thread, maybe someone else can help post the link.
Thanks SophieChic. I am glad I am not the only one confused! And I love your bags!