Can petites wear wide leg pants?

IMO jersey/knit pants, unless super thick, are not flattering on anyone with even a hint of cellulite on their legs. It tends to stick to those areas an amplify them.

I'm thin, but I still don't think wide pants are flattering because I'm short. I think they make my legs look shorter. Wide leg pants are for the tall and trim IMO.

i don't think they're flattering (especially for us short gals). i've tried wide leg pants many many times in all fabrics and they have never looked good on me (i'm 5'3 also).

I'd have to agree. I'm 5'3 and have an hourglass figure (bigger hips and chest) and side pants make me look wider than I really am. Maybe on slimmer and less curvy short girls it would look better, but I know I can't pull it off

I'm 5 feet and I wear wide leg pants. Here's an old pic (I posted ages ago in another thread) - Hudson wide leg jeans:

DSCN2294.jpg

I always wear heels with wide leg pants - usually about 4" heels. Also I'm not curvy (except for a large bust) and proportionately, my torso is short and my legs are a lot longer.

I just think we short girls can wear wide leg pants and not be slaves to only straight leg pants! However no matter what jersey knit pants are a hard wear.

I'm about the same height as you and i stay away from wide legged pants as if they were the plague. They've always made me look shorter than i actually am andmy legs ends up looking all stumpy too.

I do wear them but I'm very selective as to the width of the flare.

Too wide and I look like a stump. But I love my 7FAMK jojo jeans.
I get the petite version (Lexie) and pair the jeans with very fitted blazers or cardigans.

If you do wear wide leg pants, make sure that the pants fit you nicely in the hips and thighs. If you are wearing distressed jeans, try to get a petite version so that the distressing' hits right at the knees and not your ankles!

I don't know about jersey but as swanky said, adequate long wide leg can look fine on short gals. I'm not quite 5'2" and I've had a few that looked fine and tried some others that looked horrible.

I think that it depends more on your leg length vs. your height. I'm short, but I have long legs for my height, so I'm okay in wide-leg pants. One of my good friends is short with short legs and a long torso, so she has to stay away from wide pants, tall boots, etc.