Can Nordstrom Chanel still process phone orders?

hi jvpurse!

thank you for your reply. how long ago did you place an order with BG? is it tax free in general or tax free because there is no sales tax where you live?

Last week. It's a gift (doesn't have to be ;)) but in my case it truly was. That's the key and to get free shipping the gift needs to go to a different address other than the billing. Good luck... and for your $5K purchase Irina would be very motivated. Plus I hear if you go to the store directly they treat you with kindness and lots of champagne my wife says. I guess to get you drunk enough to purchase. But seriously, I don't know why any SA wouldn't help you with a $5K purchase. That's a lot of money = commission.

hi queenofchic,

may i ask which bag you ordered? was it a classic? and how long ago was it that you ordered via phone with a random SA at south coast plaza? there are several nordstrom locations nearby me - just not any with a chanel dept. also, have you previously purchased chanel through nordstrom prior to placing an order at SCP? i'm wondering if they were more lenient b/c you have purchase history with them. i shop at nordstrom a lot and i'm definitely in their system (i believe i'm a level 3 cardholder) - just never purchased chanel through them.
thank you so much for your info!

^ I ordered a black flap last month. I have always had my Chanel purchases from Nordstrom shipped to me over the years. I don't know how their system works. Have you tried Peggy at the flagship store? I've worked with her in the past, just not recently. You should also try Joseph at BG or Penney at Hirsh --both no tax. Hope you're able to find the bag you're looking for.

^ I ordered a black flap last month. I have always had my Chanel purchases from Nordstrom shipped to me over the years. I don't know how their system works. Have you tried Peggy at the flagship store? I've worked with her in the past, just not recently. You should also try Joseph at BG or Penney at Hirsh --both no tax. Hope you're able to find the bag you're looking for.

Poor Nordstrom!

Chanel threatens the departments store to leave if they don't follow their rules. The sales at the Nordstrom must be the weakest, so they have no leverage over Chanel.

My SA recently told me that "we no longer is supposed to ship classic Chanel" and "no more purchase via email unless you have established relations with the store." There are always grey areas, so I agree with everyone. You just have to buy what you want from the right person/the right time.

It is a bit unfair though. Someone who has been royal to one SA or one Location is now inconvenienced, while someone just have purchased from everywhere/anywhere now got lucky.

I asked my local Nordstrom in Palo Alto if they had any boy bags. They were able to locate several from various stores. They provided the colors that were available. Some I could not picture and asked if they could send me a pic. They said they could not. I bought the boy bag unseen and will be returning since I do not like the color. Called brown or apricot? They shipped the bag from Topanga to my home.
I was also looking for a classic but they would not ship to my local Nordstrom or to my home. I would have to have someone pick it up at the store and then ship it to me? Crazy!! And the waiting list was too long for me to wait. I will call around other stores for options.

Jilly.bean, how did this turn out for you? I would love to use Nordstrom for these purchases as well and I'm also not near any that carry Chanel.
Hi there CoastalCouture!

I ordered a Timeless CC L-Zip wallet from Chanel at Nordstrom Fashion Valley in San Diego and my SA shipped it to me at no additional cost. I inquired about having a classic sent to me because I've heard that Nordstrom doesn't ship classics. However, he actually said there are rarely classics in stock at their location because they get very limited shipment and they have waitlists. I waitlisted myself for a few classics about 2 months ago, but have yet to hear back from him. My SA did seem like shipping a classic was a possibility.

I am also waitlisted for a few classics and a WOC at the flagship store in Seattle. A few SAs had told me that they are not allowed to ship classics. However, you could purchase a classic over the phone and have a friend pick it up (or have it left there for you to pick up if you have plans of traveling to Seattle). My SA said she could ship the WOC since it is not a classic, but if I want a classic flap or reissue, then I would purchase in person, which is likely not a possibility since I am from California.

Hope that helps!

Hi Ladies, just found the thread now and thought I'd share-

I purchased 2 french riviera bags from the Downtown Portland Nordstrom and they were shipped free. I also inquired about a classic and WOC being shipped and the SA said it wouldn't be a problem to ship when they get the one I want. Hope this helps :smile:

Hi Ladies, just found the thread now and thought I'd share-

I purchased 2 french riviera bags from the Downtown Portland Nordstrom and they were shipped free. I also inquired about a classic and WOC being shipped and the SA said it wouldn't be a problem to ship when they get the one I want. Hope this helps :smile:

Hi yvette362,

Did Nordstrom ship the items to you tax free also? Thanks.

Have you tried BG? I got my wife a GST and Irina was very helpful. I got it shipped and tax free. Tell her jv recommended.

Irina Ser
Bergdorf Goodman
CHANEL Accessories, Main floor
Telephone: (212) 872-8716
iPhone: (347) 986-9652
Email: [email protected]
I got Irina contact from the forum and sent an email to Irina right away. She is very nice and reply email very promptly. You can text her too. I have ordered several bags from her. I am waiting for my red patent jumbo today from Fex. Free shipping , no taxes, good service , better stock than Hirshleifers.

I don't know about dept stores but from my experience, the boutiques will not ship outside of the country. The boutiques also require a prior purchase from a US boutique. HTH!

Hi there. My question: being in canada is it possible to order a quilted boy from a dept store or chanel boutique in the USA over the phone and have someone pick it up in person?

The other side is that the boutiques won't let another person pick up a purchase; it has to be the buyer. As mentioned earlier, you also need a purchasing history from Chanel boutiques to have things shipped.