Can my Michael Kors bag be saved?

Nov 30, 2008
While painting my home, I managed to get some splatters on my Michael Kors bag. I thought it was far enough away from where I was painting, but I guess not. :-s
In any case, in an attempt to get some of the paint off and using just a q-tip to get it off with a remover, it managed to leave some light areas behind where the dye of the bag was also removed..and there is still some paint inside the crevices of the leather! :sad:

Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Or would it have to be completely dyed darker? If so, how much darker would I have to go, and then, wouldn't the Michel Kors logo stamp also become darker? Does anyone know much much a leather shop charges for something like this?

This bag was a part of the MK premiere collection so it was an expensive bag to begin with. I bought it for much cheaper pre-loved but its still a great bag. I like the color that it is and wouldn't likely even carry if it it was really dark brown. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 152
spots look tiny....is it something that maybe no one would notice unless they're looking for them?

They are small, but you can definitely spot them when just looking straight on at the bag. I'm sure it bothers me more than it would an onlooker, but I'd still like to figure out how to get it fixed.

They are small, but you can definitely spot them when just looking straight on at the bag. I'm sure it bothers me more than it would an onlooker, but I'd still like to figure out how to get it fixed.
I don't have any advice but maybe someone else will.....would be easier if the bag was black. with a lighter color like that, anything you try to use may not be a match
GL

Ouch! For what it's worth... There's a 24-48 hour window after a latex paint spatter in which you have to act if you want to remove the paint. After that the paint becomes cement. I spattered paint on a leather briefcase in the hours before we closed on a house we were selling, waited too long to tackle it and never was able to remove the spatters. I think the only solution would be a light leather dye close to the bag's original color.

There seem to be a lot of good ideas in the Coach rehab thread for dealing with stains and all sorts of calamities. I love reading that thread just for all the great ideas and the before and after pictures. You might get some good ideas from reading that thread.

So sorry to hear about paint splatters on your MK bag. From the looks of the damage, unfortunately, cleaning alone will likely not correct the problem. At a minimum, it will need cleaning and a touch-up (spot refinishing). The good news is that a professional leather expert should be able to color match the original color and the MK logo. However, if an even tone cannot be achieved with touch up painting, then an all-over refinish would be needed.

Reactions: Roie55
Hi, my pre-loved Michael Kors Riley has some awful leather creasea and folds and handle marks - could you give me ideas as to how it can be fixed?

Attachments

• 20210511_093800.jpg
    20210511_093800.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210511_093824.jpg
    20210511_093824.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210511_093832.jpg
    20210511_093832.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi, my pre-loved Michael Kors Riley has some awful leather creasea and folds and handle marks - could you give me ideas as to how it can be fixed?
First put some leather conditioner on it, and try to massage the creases out. Then put a towel out of the dryer in it, you might have to kind of stuff it, and leave it, you will probably have to repeat that. Then stuff it again and leave it hanging for a day or two. Let me know how it is after that. Then we can work on the marks.
Ah just realized this post is from May :facepalm: