Can MK zipper pulls be replaced?

Suz82

Aug 17, 2015
IMG_0413.JPG Hey ladies, when I bought my pre loved dark dune Sutton in the summer I don't know if you recall it having more wear and tear than was advertised? The zipper pulls show the most wear along with the feet. The scuffed up feet I can live with but the zipper pulls catch my eye all the time. The saffiano leather and everything else is in perfect shape still so it's such a shame the zippers let her down and it does gripe me. Should I replace them? Would you replace them? Do I just take it into my local MK store and enquire about repairs or is there another way?

Thanks

Suz

Since you bought it pre-loved & it's probably out of warranty, you will probably be referred to Rago Brothers in New Jersey. This is who I was referred to for having a replacement strap made for one of my Selmas. My dog chewed the strap so it wasn't covered under warranty. They repair & restore MK along with many other designer's items & use the MK hardware. I think MK would probably consider the peeling & discoloration on the zipper pull as normal wear & tear from use & not covered by the 1 yr warranty anyway. These people are good & highly recommended; a little pricey, though. I'm sure you will have to ship them the bag unless you live in NJ & can drive to their shop. You can give them a call, explain the problem & they should be able to give you an estimate & turn around time. Good luck.:smile:
Here's the link to their website.
http://www.ragobrothers.com/

Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
Since you bought it pre-loved & it's probably out of warranty, you will probably be referred to Rago Brothers in New Jersey. This is who I was referred to for having a replacement strap made for one of my Selmas. My dog chewed the strap so it wasn't covered under warranty. They repair & restore MK along with many other designer's items & use the MK hardware. I think MK would probably consider the peeling & discoloration on the zipper pull as normal wear & tear from use & not covered by the 1 yr warranty anyway. These people are good & highly recommended; a little pricey, though. I'm sure you will have to ship them the bag unless you live in NJ & can drive to their shop. You can give them a call, explain the problem & they should be able to give you an estimate & turn around time. Good luck.:smile:
Here's the link to their website.
http://www.ragobrothers.com/
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it would probably cost me more than the bag itself to ship to the US. Was kinda hoping my MK store could help me It's not as obvious in the picture in real life, overall the bag looks perfect apart from these so maybe il just have to live with it x

Reactions: cdtracing
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it would probably cost me more than the bag itself to ship to the US. Was kinda hoping my MK store could help me It's not as obvious in the picture in real life, overall the bag looks perfect apart from these so maybe il just have to live with it x
If you know a good, reliable leather worker/cobbler you can take the bag to them & see what they can do. You can call MK customer service & ask what they recommend & if there is someone they can recommend to do repair/restoration work in the country you live in.

Reactions: Suz82