Can large busted women go strapless/backless?

SonOz

Nov 3, 2007
I have been looking and looking for a strapless bra.

My regular bras pull my chest in and together and my strapless bras push them out. Does anyone else have this problem? It makes me look weightier on top when they are pushed out because I suddenly look wider.

There are so many cute tank tops out but if I wear a strapless my chest is lower and I look saggy in a tank.

I prefer the NuBra even though I am a bit bigger than there largest size D but it is strapless and backless. It pulls my chest together and holds it firm..it doesn't pull them up though.

Couple questions: is this bad for my chest? Will wearing a NuBra a couple times a week cause my chest to sag?
is there an alternative someone can think of?

SonOz - I can so relate. It really depends on what you are trying to wear. I have success if I match my bra to the style of the shirt or dress. If the dress is straight across the top, I wear a bra that's cut the same way. If the Nu Bra works for you, it should be fine since it gives you some support. My friend who wears a DD bra size as well recently purchased a Wacoal strapless bra that she raves about. I'm planning to get one soon as I will need a few strapless options this spring/summer. I go through this every year! Maybe I'll give the Nu Bra a try as well.

I think large busted women look better when they are well supported--so no, I don't think strapless/backless works well for this type of shape. Maybe if the dress itself also had great built in support.

Have you ever tried a strapless corset? My sister's a full C verging on D and she's very curvy. She usually wears one under her tanks/clubbing top/dresses because it gives her the support she needs and helps to accentuate her waist.

Try Le Mystere's strapless bras. They are fantastic! Pricey, but they are the ONLY strapless bras that work for me - support me and give me the same look as a regular bra and they come in a broad range of sizes. They worked for me when I was a 34F and work for me now that I'm a 30D. You can find this brand at Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus and online.

The corset bra is a great idea. I am a 30F and it is hard keeping these babies up. I do wish at times these were fake...my friends boobs are very big and always very perky w/ and w/o a bra.. Ah, the luxury of it all!

If you're well supported, then sure. If they sag, then no. You'll look 100 times better with perky boobs. I think the strapless corset idea sounds like it's worth a shot, because I'm a B-C cup and I still have a little sag problem with strapless bras.

Omg the strapless corset is the most wonderful thing on earth. It makes me perky as if I am wearing a normal bra and it never slides down...it even slims down any bulges that would arise on the side of my pants. They even had some really thin laced ones but they didn't have any in stock to fit me but next up will be one with the lace so it doesn't get too warm.