Can lambskin leather get wet?

luvbags29

O.G.
Feb 23, 2012
I've purchased a few preloved lambskin bags and have been afraid to wear them in the rain. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are your bags damaged from the rain? Has it caused any problems to your bag? Please share your experience or stories. Just want to wear them without worrying...

Reactions: motled
I had 1 seasonal lambskin chanel bag, pink color. One day I bring her to lunch with friends and at restaurant I put her on the bench beside me. And I didn't realize the bench is wet with water. Thank God its water not tea or coffee spill. So when I pick her up, I saw like an island watermark at the bottom and I like want to cry at that time. But then soon the watermark fades and disappears completely.

I've worn my lamb skin leather jacket out in the rain and it's dried fine, so long as it's not drenched you should be ok. You could always look for a spray protector first.

i have lots of pre-loved lambskin and also avoid the rain. i still use them in rain, but place them inside another bag or under a coat. i had one get some rain on it, i quickly wiped it off and no stain was left behind. i wouldn't actually take them out in the rain purposely, but if they get a bit wet they'll be ok. i would never let it get drenched like a canvas bag though, i think that would do some damage

Reactions: motled
I live in the cold northwest winters where snow is crazy and the spring is non stop rain... I don't want them to sit in their dust bags and not get used :sad:
Do you think if snow or rain hits them and I wipe thm off when inside I'll be okay? I'm thinking about the amount of time it takes me to get from my car to my work or into a store, etc...

A drop of water won't hurt it in most cases. The leather will show a water spot, but it will fade as it dries.

However, it is by no means water proof or water resistant, despite its sometimes shiny appearance. Lambskin is one of those leathers that you'll want to avoid using on a rainy day.

Best of luck! :heart: :heart: