can kelly 25 be a day bag?

feijin

O.G.
Dec 5, 2008
Hi, dear ladies,

I want to buy my first kelly. I have 2 birkins in 30. I'm 5'4", size 2. I want my kelly be a spring/summer bag, leather will be clemence (did I spell it right?), color will be in red family (hopefully). So my question is, can I go 25? I know 28 is good, but after studying some pix, found that 28 looks a little bulky. If I go w/ 25, will it be too small for a day bag? wallet, iphone, sunglasses case, lipsticks... Do any of you have the knowledge that a 25 can hold all of these things? w/o being too stuffy? since I'm gonna pick clemence, hope that bag won't be stuffed.

Thanks so very much, plz tell me know what you feel about 25 and 28.

have a good weekend

I have both size that you mention, am slightly shorter than you at 160cm but Size 0, I used the 25 everyday as a day bag no problem. But I did not include the sunglass case (might be too obstruction for the bag). I fit in a bag organizer, an extremely extremely small umbrella, LV Helene Wallet, Tissue Paper, Samsung Galaxy S2, Envirosax, Lip Stick, Lip Gloss, Ear Piece. And yes it is very stuffy especially with my bag organizer as the 2 buckles cannot close up, is opened and spread open. But if without the bag organizer, the buckles of the Kelly can be close up.

However, I would prefer the 28 for everyday bag. Even as a 28, it already fits much lesser than my 30 Birkin. So your jump from Birkin 30 to Kelly 25 might be a big jump.
The 28 may look bulky if it is in Box leather. But in Clemence leather, I think it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Hope it helps

i'm about the same size as you and had the same questions with 25 and 28 in my recent search of a Kelly, but i was looking for Box instead of Clemence.

if it's a clemence retourne, i feel that a 28 looks better on me. It looks more relax in a less structured leather like Clemence and thus a slightly bigger size would give that relaxing appearance consistent to the leather.

I have seen a post by a TPFer showing us how much her Kelly can hold, you may want to search further on the size reference thread?

Hope it helps! :balloon:

I have both 25 (in Togo) and 28 (in Togo and in Box), both retourne, and I wouldn't want the 25 to be my only Kelly. I love the 25, and it does hold a lot especially in retourne Togo, but for an everyday bag, a 28 is far superior. I don't carry a lot each day and I use Kelly 28 as my daily bag. When I travel for long periods of time I can take one Kelly 28 and use only that one bag most of the time. I tried to do that with the 25 one summer and it drove me crazy.
Kelly 25 is a fantastic, versatile, charming bag, and I love mine to pieces, but I would not buy it instead of a 28 to use daily.
There are threads on the forum on this subject. I believe licensetocook has a red Kelly 25 (forgive me if my memory doesn't serve me right here). You might do a search for her thread/pictures. Also, years ago, there was a thread showing a Kelly 25 in retourne Togo (?) in a beautiful green color, and what could fit in it. Lavan also has a prune Kelly in size 25, and I believe she has posted photos of it.

I have both size that you mention, am slightly shorter than you at 160cm but Size 0, I used the 25 everyday as a day bag no problem. But I did not include the sunglass case (might be too obstruction for the bag). I fit in a bag organizer, an extremely extremely small umbrella, LV Helene Wallet, Tissue Paper, Samsung Galaxy S2, Envirosax, Lip Stick, Lip Gloss, Ear Piece. And yes it is very stuffy especially with my bag organizer as the 2 buckles cannot close up, is opened and spread open. But if without the bag organizer, the buckles of the Kelly can be close up.

However, I would prefer the 28 for everyday bag. Even as a 28, it already fits much lesser than my 30 Birkin. So your jump from Birkin 30 to Kelly 25 might be a big jump.
The 28 may look bulky if it is in Box leather. But in Clemence leather, I think it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Hope it helps

I do not have a kelly 25 - and I am told they are not easy to get. in fact your photos have inspired me and I would love to get a 25 as a day bag. I think it works very well on slim petite frames - very elegant look. No need to carry the kitchen sink around after all.

Attachments

• 1073.jpg
    1073.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,608
  • 418.jpg
    418.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,618
  • Photo1257.jpg
    Photo1257.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,911
I use the 25 as a going out to dinner bag. I prefer the 32 as a day bag, the 28 is a tad small for day but works in a pinch. I'm 5'6" and a size zero.

I don't have a Kelly 25, but I do have a Birkin 25 and to me a 25 is a dress bag for the most part. You need to edit down what you carry by quite a bit if you want to use it as a regular daytime bag. By the time you get all your stuff together, phone, electronic devices, wallet, keys, glasses and makeup case to name a few things, it is pretty crowded. I took the 25 on a trip one time, but I left my Bern wallet at home and just used a little case for a few cards and cash. It worked, but I wouldn't do it again.

I agree that a 32 is the best for day, but I have used a 28 with equal ease.

I do not have a kelly 25 - and I am told they are not easy to get. in fact your photos have inspired me and I would love to get a 25 as a day bag. I think it works very well on slim petite frames - very elegant look. No need to carry the kitchen sink around after all.

Hi ladysarah, thanks for your kind word, you are always so nice..
I am not sure if it was difficult to get but was choosing between the 25 Espom and 28 Box in FSH before. The 25 is good for people who don't carry much out, as I am always a small bag girl. I can't carry bags that are too heavy.. :P

all the ladies up here, thx sooo much for ur kindly advices. i think i'll go for 28 after talked to my sa about the capacities. i had lots of big bags, but now tend to go as simple as i can. that's why i asked about 25, also, from one of the mod pic, found that 25 looks slimmer when on shoulder. anyway so now, fingers crossed for getting my 1st kelly.will post pix. maybe ?? months...

btw, really loved the pic of the young girl w/ 25, i might've gone for a 25 if i wasn't in late 30"s:sad: young and fun, that's for a 25...

btw, really loved the pic of the young girl w/ 25, i might've gone for a 25 if i wasn't in late 30"s:sad: young and fun, that's for a 25...

the lady you mention is Dinitegrity, I borrowed her photos as I think she wears the 25 beautifully as a day bag. I thought she makes the Kelly look casual and effortless. If I come across a 25 - I will grab it..;)