Can it really take a year to repair a zipper ?

doreen999

O.G.
May 20, 2008
Dropped my medium O case off @ Chanel (West Palm Beach, Gardens Mall) last Thanksgiving week to have a zipper replaced/repaired I know Chanel repairs take some time, but a year to get the part to repair a zipper. Like Really !!

How long did your repair from Chanel take ?

Dropped my medium O case off @ Chanel (West Palm Beach, Gardens Mall) last Thanksgiving week to have a zipper replaced/repaired I know Chanel repairs take some time, but a year to get the part to repair a zipper. Like Really !!

How long did your repair from Chanel take ?
I got stitching fixed and it only took like 3 weeks! What did they tell you ? WHen did you follow up last?

Reactions: doreen999
Oh my! I’d definitely take it back. It shouldn’t last that long. I had a bag that needed chain + turnlock change. The first country I took it for repair took 1-2 months without news. Then I requested to take it back. And brought it to another country with better service center. That only took less than a month.

But since you’re in the USA... the service center there must be much better skilled already and shouldn’t take that long.

Reactions: doreen999
I got stitching fixed and it only took like 3 weeks! What did they tell you ? WHen did you follow up last?

I followed up last month...I will be back at my place in FL next month and so plan on taking it back..It sad that was boutique of choice for purchasing, but this put a bad taste in my mouth.