Can I wash dustbags?

ncabahug

Sep 19, 2014
This might be kind of a dumb question, but I haven't had to do it before with my other dustbags. Can I just throw the classic flap dustbag (the white one with Coco on it) into the washing machine? Or would this completely destroy the fabric or something? My dustbag is turning a bit yellow with some smudges so I was hoping to get it all nice and clean.

Thanks!

I'd be really scared of the fabric pilling in the wash, especially something as soft as the white cloth, but curious what others have to say...
Yeah, I'm really curious and I don't think there's been a thread on this before. I've washed my LV and YSL dustbags without any complication, but I'm really not sure about this white Chanel one. :frown:

I did this just 2 weeks ago. I bought a preloved classic and although new unused, I felt the dustbag was a bit dusty and had some fur like dog hair perhaps. I HANDWASHED it. Too scared to throw it in to a washing machine. I used detergent for delicates and air dried under the shade, no direct sunlight. All good. When it’s dry, no wrinkles whatsoever so I just fold it back. I don’t feel the need to iron it.

I did this just 2 weeks ago. I bought a preloved classic and although new unused, I felt the dustbag was a bit dusty and had some fur like dog hair perhaps. I HANDWASHED it. Too scared to throw it in to a washing machine. I used detergent for delicates and air dried under the shade, no direct sunlight. All good. When it’s dry, no wrinkles whatsoever so I just fold it back. I don’t feel the need to iron it.
Would detergent for undergarments be delicate enough for this? That and tide pods are really all I have on hand, but I can go get some if needed.

Reactions: Iana24
Would detergent for undergarments be delicate enough for this? That and tide pods are really all I have on hand, but I can go get some if needed.
I used detergent for silk and wool. No softener. I think the one for undergarments or baby detergent are delicate enough. If I didn’t have any of those, I would’ve just use the normal one.