Can I use an eraser to clean my bag?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I used the "Pink Pearl" eraser to clean up interior and exterior of bags.

It seems OK on small stains or sticky stuffs on the hardware pieces but I like to know anyone has the same experience can share with us. :cool:

Is there any side effect for years later and any better eraser instead of the latex free "Pink Pearl" eraser? :biggrin:

2. You know, when I first got my Neverfull and the vachetta was fresh and white, I was a little obsessed with keeping it spot free. A LV SA told me to use an eraser to remove any marks on the leather...well, this was not great advice. Although I didn't do it TOO much, there is defiantly marks on my leather where I used the eraser and it dulled the look and texture. I wish I would have just waited till it got a nice patina and then used Apple Guard leather cleaner, because that stuff is super gentle and works like a charm!
    I have used the eraser on the inside canvas, and noticed it left a smudge where I was rubbing it. I think unscented and alcohol free baby wipes work best for canvas, both the soft and hard side.

3. Don't rub too hard and conditions it once a while

4. I used the Pink Pearl (from Paper Mate) eraser just because it's as a ultra fine sandpaper, since it wont cause damage on the paper then it should good for the stains on the surface of bags and I don't have to wait it to dry like leather cleaners.

Yes, try the slow gentle rub instead of fast hard rub first. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice