can i use a speedy 25 for evening...? do you?

Jun 24, 2006
hi! i'm not looking for an elegant clutch, just an evening bag for dinner/movie. (i need something in the brown fam.) im starting to like the brown damier and was eyeing the speedy 25. its such an iconic shape and i've never owned one. all of my bags can be put over the shoulder. so this would be something very new to me! do you think speedy's are just for daytime? and, is the 25 too big of a bag for this purpose? thanks for your help!

To me there are different levels of "evening". Yes, for dinners and bar nights out I ALWAYS use my 25s-- they are perfect and hold a lot but sit on the lap. To me they also look more dressed up than a 30.

But for formal events and concerts, etc., where I want something small, I use my epi black pochette.

My "evenings" are usually very casual, so I don't see a problem with taking a Speedy out for movies, casual dinners, etc. I wouldn't, however, take them to places like fancy restaurants, black tie events, etc...

The funny thing is, I personally wouldn't take a speedy to a fancy dinner, I'd rather something smaller and more elegant. But last weekend I noticed two of my girlfriends bring their speedys to a very fancy dinner we had! And it actually didn't look bad at all :smile: Almost chic, and these girls were in dresses too! So, I think it's all personal preference~

A Speedy 25 is a great bag for casual nights. I have a 30 in Mono and comes to the movies all the time. You would be surprised the amount of candy you can fit in there! :sneaky:

I almost exclusively have shoulder bags except for the mono and azur speedy - and I don't really use them for evening cause I prefer to carry something a little sleeker. Besides, all the normal junk I drag through the day (e.g. water, books etc) I don't need for night anyways ! :yes:

Speedy 25, in my opinion, is the perfect day-to-night bag! It can be used at almost any time, except veryyy fancy nights out (black tie, etc.) And since all you have are shoulder bags, this will be a nice change! Get one, I have 3 and love them!

I have a 25 mono and I use it for dinner, movies, etc and even in the day... but I wouldnt wear it for a wedding or something like that! it's like hey! i have a LV even if it doesn't match ;) just my personal opinion!

I love my mono 25 for this very reason. It is not too small and not too big. It is PERFECT!

It really goes well from day-to-night. I recently was considering a 30, but it just looks so bulky for an all-around day to night use. I have found that if I need to hold more stuff, I use a shoulder bag. And if the event is really formal, etc. then I just use a clutch.

Hope this helps :smile: