Can I use a friend's Coach preferred customer coupon?

wenjotwo

Jan 27, 2007
Hi,
My first post here, I hope I'm in the right forum. I love Coach handbags, but have always purchased them at consignment shops or ebay. Now, a friend has received a $50 gift card (with any purchase $150 or more) from Coach because she is in the preferred customer program; she gets coupons and gift cards a few times a year. But, this time, she's going to be out of town until after the card expiration date and gave the card to me because I have my eye on a new Coach bag.

My question is, will the Coach store let me use the card? I'm not on their preferred customer list, but the card has no name or anything on it. Will they ask me if I'm a preferred customer, and if they find out I'm not will they refuse to take the card? I'm just trying to prevent any embarrassment on my part, because without the $50 discount I don't think I'd be buying a bag right now.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!!
Wendy:confused1:

You should be able to use it without a problem - people sell their cards on ebay all the time.

If you are really worried I suppose you could always just pay in cash so there isn't a name associated with the purchase, but there is not an individual number or name on each card or anything.

Have fun!

Hi Wendy! Welcome to the forums!

I got the same coupon in the mail and I gave it to my sister-in-law and she was able to use it with no problems at all. She had never purchased from the Coach store before because she typically shops at the outlet. You should be just fine. :smile:

You should be able to. I have used my friend Preferred cards before and they never said anything to me. When you go in you should try to just give it to them...don't tell them it's not yours.

I gave my friend my card and she is able to purchase a purse without any problem, she even put it on her credit card.
So I don't think you need to worry about it.