Can I scotchgard jacquard fabric?

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
I purchased the Since 1854 Deuville mini (in grey) and I am so in love! My question is it safe to scotchgard the jacquard fabric? My only heistation with buying the bag was the fabric. Or is there some other method to protect the fabric froms stains?

JJbear

Nov 24, 2012
My SA told me that despite its looks, they made it just as waterproof as the classic PVC canvas. I was surprised.
Do you happen to know if it’s as resistant to stains or discolouration as well? I’ve been curious as to what it feels like but haven’t been able to make it into store to see for myself!

Reactions: ElectricBoots

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
Do you happen to know if it’s as resistant to stains or discolouration as well? I’ve been curious as to what it feels like but haven’t been able to make it into store to see for myself!
It really just feels like regular woven fabric. So I was surprised when she told me that it is water resistant. I assume that it is mostly against rain, and they probably use a tight weave combined with a waxy thread formula. So I have a feeling that while it can withstand rain and won't get soaked, it is not stain resistant. So maybe the right phrase is water repellent (although she said resistant).
As for discolouration: I belive that it is such a new material for Vuitton, that they don't have enough experience yet. I know that they test them, but this is a matter of months and years to show.

KathyN115

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
Don’t know if this is helpful but I did use scotchguard on a fabric Gucci bag. I’ve only had it a few weeks but I didn’t notice any problems with the fabric after applying it. Figure the extra protection could only help!

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for the input ladies. I may try it on a small spot. I am hesitant as the bottom of the bag is leather so if there is an adverse reaction it will be more noticeable. I just love it so much I do not want to harm it!

dodgegirl21

Jan 26, 2021
I am also interested in a follow up. I think I may also try Bickmore stain and water repellent on my gray 1854 NF pouch to see if it works against dirt and water.

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
At this point I have not scothguarded the bag. But I do find myself hesitant to use it because I am nervous it will get stained so I may still try something in the future because I do love the bag.

Reactions: dodgegirl21