Can I relist an unpaid item?`

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
VR, MO
Or do I have to wait? I sold an item to a person 7 days ago and they have 100% feedback (15) and their feedback says "fast payment", etc. I have emailed the person 3 times. Tonight I put in a dispute for unpaid buyer.
Do I need to wait until the 7 day waiting period is up to relist item?
This is the first time this has happened to me.

Thanks!

olallacutie

Feb 24, 2008
You can relist the item, but technically you should wait until after the unpaid item dispute is closed. They can still pay for the item while you are waiting for them to respond. If they don't respond within 7 days, you can close it and get your FVF back. Then I would relist it.

Sometimes even good buyers forget that they bought something. Once they see the alert from Ebay, then they pay.

I get about 3 of these a month. They stink. Oh well... Good luck!

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
VR, MO
I will wait, but to me they shouldn't be bidding on something if they are going to be away or too busy to check on it. I mean they put in the final bid, after all.
Next time, instead of reporting them, I will just relist the item which is what I state in my listing if they don't pay in 3 days.
Thanks for your advice/input.

coco girl

Jun 15, 2008
New York
How long did you give them to pay? If you listing said payment in seven days, then when seven days is up you can relist. You no longer have to hold the item for them.

Lovely4

Apr 28, 2008
I thought you had seven days too. Also file a non payment. Then hopeful you can get your final valuation fees back.

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
You have to wait 7 days before you can file the non payment dispute, and then you are supposed to wait until it closes (another 7 days?) before you can get your fees back and relist. I think it is a PayPal rule that the buyer has 7 days to pay as well, but I am not sure of that.
I just filed one of these this morning, isn't it a pain to have to do this?

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
VR, MO
I always put that you have 3 days to pay. But I actually gave the person 7 days and during that time, 2 reminders that were very nice. Finally on the 7th day, I still sent another reminder. No response at all. I then filed the non-paying bidder dispute and still no response (only 2nd day). But NOW I have to wait the 7 day period before I can relist the item.
Just burns me! This has never happened to me before. And the person has 15 positive feedback saying fast payment, great buyer, etc. So frustrating.

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
VR, MO
Of course, it should be noted that I only sell sporadically.
I wish I just would have relisted the item instead of filing the dispute.
Oh well, live and learn.