Can i put my silver charms on my brass or gold??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. IVE GOT AN ISSUE W/ MY MIXING OF METALS,,, ANYONE ELSE EVER WONDER ABOUT THIS?? DO YOU THINK IT'S OK TO USE YOUR SILVER OR NICKLE CHARMS ON YOUR BAG THAT HAS GOLD,,, OR BRASS?? I HAVE,,, & DO,,, ONLY BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE ITS REALLY HARD TO FIND LOTS OF CHARMS & FOBS W/ GOLD OR BRASS HARDWARE,,,, AND THERES ALOT OF EM IN SILVER. & WE ALL KNOW COACH MAKES THE BEST BAG CHARMS AND FOBS EVER!! SO WHATS THE RULE,,, OR ARE THERE ANY??? :nuts::confused1::thinking::?:

2. I mix my metals all the time. I try to make the fob/charm match the bag but, I don't care if the metal does.:P

3. I see women carrying bags that have 2 different color metals. They are very pretty! I see no problem at all with it.

4. I don't match my metals either.

5. I don't mix metals, I like to keep silver with silver, brass with brass. Period. I may be the only one on here who feels this way thou ;)

6. You definitely are not the only one! I'm the same way.

Also, OP, do you have to use caps lock? It makes posts hard to read. Thanks!

7. I won't mix either. Silver on silver/ brass on brass.

8. I can't mix them either... I actually spent a good part of the day today trying to find something in gold to attach my gold fob to my bag with gold hardware.... not easy!

9. I do not mix metals, so I only use brass with brass, because I'm not a fan of silver. I do have a few wristlets with silver, but they are inside my bag, so it doesn't bother me.

10. I can't mix them either and this is the reason why I wear the same patchwork daisy with every single bag (with brass hardware) I own!

11. I mix, but I only have charms with silver hardware. I will put them on a bag with brass hardware. I just want the charm colors to go with the color of the bag.

12. I mix them. It doesn't bother me that the metals dont match. If the charm looks pretty on my bag, I use it. =)

13. I mix them because the charm is so cute I hardly think anyone is looking at the metal color. If they are, oh well.

14. I mix mine too. I don't care if the metals match. I wish that coach made more charms with the brass or gold medal though then maybe I would match them but I only have the silver.

15. It bothers me more with wallets when the metals don't match. With charms and fobs I think it's okay. Sometimes I don't even notice. And I totally agree - it's next to impossible to find charms / fobs / wristlets with brass or gold hardware. I wonder why?