Can I get the hands changed on my Rolex?

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Hi everyone!
I have a Rolex ladies Datejust with a gold face and gold hands. I am at the age when my eyes are not what they used to be- I'm starting to need reading glasses. And I can not see the hands on my watch to tell the time, unless I turn the watch at a certain angle.

Is it possible to have watch hands replaced, or painted/dyed? Or maybe I should have the face changed? Has anyone had this type of work done and who did it?

Hi I don't know if this will be helpful to you but my DH has just sent his Omega back to them and is having the dial and date wheel changed from white to black. The cost for this was about 200 euros. He is having other work done too under the warranty.

So my advice would be either contact Rolex direct or your AD and ask - I don't know how old your watch is but you could have a service and clean done at the same time.

HTH

When I had a gold ladies president with gold dial, my awesome Rolex reseller (he is a watch afficionado, not a licenced dealer ; he buys and sells preowned,and I trust him completely) said I could have the hands changed to black which might help.

I went for a midsize instead, but now (2 years later) even that one is not working out as well any longer (I am almost 52); now may favorite is my man's Submariner. If you like something more bling with some gold, you could check out the mid-size Yachtmaster or the men's Yachtmaster. it comes in SS, SS/18kt gold and all 18kt gold

But essentially a large, dressy watch will not be a woman's (unless someone here can give me and the OP some great suggestions!) If your auth. Rolex dealer won't do it, see if there is a reputable jeweler in your area who deals in preowned Rolex.