Can I fix my vachetta handle?

milfy12607

Jun 6, 2010
So I just got my beautiful graceful mm for my birthday last month. I went to dinner with my husband and came home to a black mark on my handle. I used a clean white eraser, water wipe, then the next day I used apple care conditioner. My handle still has a slight mark and the vachetta looks discolored. It’s driving me crazy. Will the patina even out the color? Is this something Louis Vuitton can even fix? I can no afford to replace handle right now. Or can I bring it to a shoe repair place that’s specializes in vachetta? Please any advice is appreciated. I will attach a picture. Thanks ladies.

9FDDFE03-5381-457E-AED3-B7B5A365B324.jpeg

JY1217

Nov 30, 2014
Berlin
at this point I would say stop treating the leather with anything, it has taken a lot already. Boutiques won't help because that's the nature of the vachetta.
I would simply remove the strap and let it rest under the sun or the light for couple hours to let the patina even out the the leather

NurseAnn

O.G.
Apr 10, 2009
LV could “fix” it by replacing the strap. Before going to that, though, I would be inclined to wipe the whole strap down with the wet wipe the follow with conditioner. I actually wipe all my brand new vachetta down when I get it and it does a great job of evenly protecting the patina.

milfy12607

Jun 6, 2010
at this point I would say stop treating the leather with anything, it has taken a lot already. Boutiques won't help because that's the nature of the vachetta.
I would simply remove the strap and let it rest under the sun or the light for couple hours to let the patina even out the the leather
I will try that! Thank you

Reactions: Lodpah

rakleader

Jul 14, 2020
which brand of wet wipe?
LV could “fix” it by replacing the strap. Before going to that, though, I would be inclined to wipe the whole strap down with the wet wipe the follow with conditioner. I actually wipe all my brand new vachetta down when I get it and it does a great job of evenly protecting the patina.

Reactions: Lodpah

Melli12

Mar 4, 2018
When I got my Propriano in 2017 I got some stains on the front plate and I was devastated. But I left it alone and with further normal use the patina got darker and the stains are not visible anymore. If you don‘t want to replace the handle I would just leave it and wait for patina which even it‘s out.

V.Lenore

Dec 30, 2012
So I just got my beautiful graceful mm for my birthday last month. I went to dinner with my husband and came home to a black mark on my handle. I used a clean white eraser, water wipe, then the next day I used apple care conditioner. My handle still has a slight mark and the vachetta looks discolored. It’s driving me crazy. Will the patina even out the color? Is this something Louis Vuitton can even fix? I can no afford to replace handle right now. Or can I bring it to a shoe repair place that’s specializes in vachetta? Please any advice is appreciated. I will attach a picture. Thanks ladies.

View attachment 4788885
So I’m curious what you tried on the strap and how it turned out. Any update you can share? I recently got water spots on my strap and I haven’t touched them and I am trying to figure out what to do with it

Reactions: GaMomJRM and Lodpah

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
I don't recommend wet wipes. In my experience, it can dry the leather trim (or handle) out and make it feel rough. JY1217 has the right idea....leave it alone and set it out to patina. Don't add more products!

Reactions: GaMomJRM and Lodpah