Can I fix my louis vuitton purse?

I have a louis vuitton purse that got from Goodwill. the handles are ripped and the zipper will not zip properly. What are some ways I fix this? I really love this purse. Thanks for the help. :biggrin:

Ripped handles and broken zippers are synonymous with counterfeit bags.

I would post pictures in the 'authenticate' thread in the LV shopping portion of this forum before taking it in to a lv store.

I am going to say that it is probably fake too :sad: Usually counterfeit bags do rip this way. Please take some pics and have this authenticated.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the bag is fake. I've seen some very old LV bags on eBay that were just beat to Hell...rips in the canvas and everything. Some people just don't care for their stuff well. I would get it authenticated here before taking it to the LV store for repair. That way you can save your trouble if it is fake.

Yes, but it's usually one or the other.

Older LV was very well made, they hold up quite well, and if something happened to be a miss with the bag it's likely one of those issues rather than both at the same time.

I'm not sure how often you've seen counterfeit bags up closely, but I have noticed without fail no matter what style it was a copy of, the zipper and the handles are the first thing to go and often at the same time.

Goodwill has started to auction designer goods, so if they feel it's authentic, even if it's shot to hell, they will auction it online rather than sell it in their store for $10. So if they forgo the online auction and sell it in store, it's probably not a good sign.

Last edited: