Can I do anything about people using my pictures on Ebay?

1) Send a nasty email (no cursing) letting them know thats violation and infringement on copyrighted material and punishable by law.

2) Keep trying to contact eBay

I watermark my pictures from now on across whole pic after having the same thing happen to me. Its so frustrating...

I do the same ... I use a transparent watermark which is in a grid pattern and therefore displayed from the top left-hand corner all the way down to the bottom right-hand corner.

In addition, some of the folks in the PF have indicated that they also indicate within their auction text that the pictures should have their watermark and any other name means that the pics have been stolen.

It's amazing what these scammers will do ...

They'd use it even if there's any kind of watermark. They know that you can't catch them all. I've seen it happen to a seller's pictures and reported it to eBay but eBay stated that only the owner of the picture can dispute that cause the owner of the picture might've allowed their picture to be used by others.

pinki that kitty in your pic is adorable! totally of topic.

but when i used to sell clothes i modeled myself in them, so i don't think they were ever stolen

but i had a terrific idea come into my mind, if i do sell it again i'll hold a card saying "my sn" and holding it up so it's right on the clothing. or having a small sign and propping it right in the middle of the bag, small enough that it wouldn't distrub the bag itself but big enough that if they try to cut it out it'll look wierd

there's also all sorts of html codes that you can input into your listing. not to get technical but i do get to change the font and bkgd color and stuff, if you want i'm sure you can put a no right click and no highlighting code onto your page in the html area.

that's true, i've once saw my pictures on other seller's listing and rant about it to my friend how was it possible after i insert no copy&paste and no highlight code? It turn out they Still can steal the pix by actually saving the whole auction page, open on PC as HTML page, and adjust it what ever they want.....Grr.....

I know it sucks big time, now i am actually thinking about copyright all my photos, so if it ever happens again, i have the legal right to file a case, however i need to do more research to see if it is ok to copyright a picutre when it contain another CR like LV, Chanel, Fendi. etc......

ladies, thanks for all the support!

i'm still furious that this happened. and ebay didnt do jack sh!t.

ah well, i'm reverting back to my old watermarks (where it is all over the pics)

i have seen some seller's picture have their Seller ID on a piece of paper and string attached to the purse-of course not blocking the essential part of pix, but it's in a good placement where it'd be difficult to crop out the sign....
mind you, the paper still can be remove thanks to mighty PhotoShop, but it's usually not worth the effort to spend 1 hour retouch the pix.....

But good luck mello_yello_jen!