Can I Bring my Keepal 55 on Plane?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys. just got my keepal 55.

I have a 22" tumi carry on and a keepal 55 now. can i take both of them on the plane as the keepal is a personal item? carry on for domestic flight thanksk.

2. You should check with the airline, but I suspect not both of them. I have the 55, it is pretty big, and considered luggage IME. It is great because (as long as you don't have delicate clothing packed) I could squish it in where a roll-on hard-sided carryon would not fit. In fact I fit it in front of 2 wheeled carry-ons int he overhead bin!

3. usually no the keepall is carryon luggage-Maybe a break for first class. Airlines are strict now many charge per bag-spirit charges for carryon!!

4. Yes, the 55 can be brought on the plane as carry-on. If the 60 is not over-packed, then you can bring that through as well. However, you cant bring both the TUMI and the Keepall...2nd item must be a small travel item and not in identical size to your largest carry-on.

I work at LAX airport...

5. Yep^. One or the other. I check my roll-a-board when I carry my Keepall 55.

6. The fifty-five is the largest that can travel as a carryon,
    As per LV.

7. Well yes, that is per LV but as a former flight attendant, trust me, I have seen 60's too. It all depends on the airline's policies and/or airport security. Just don't pack the 60 to the brim. It gets really heavy too.

8. They won't let you carry on both. I'd check the 22" Tumi.

9. yes, i carry 2 sometimes :smile:

10. i've carried my 60 as carryon for flights three flights when i was home last may, and only once was did a flight attendant asked to sit my bag in the front for larger carryons, but she said if i could fit it under my seat it would be fine. Keep in mind this was a tiiiiiny plane from atlanta to albany, ga. When I flew back to germany it actually had its own seat!! lol. Anyway, yes, your 55 should be fine as carry on.