Can Gucci Store make a Authenticity Appraisal?

juu_b

<3
O.G.
Oct 4, 2007
I'm interested in purchasing a used Gucci bag and the seller is willing to bring the bag to a Gucci store to authenticate it but I'm not sure if Gucci stores are willing to do that because i know LV doesn't. Can anyone confirm this for stores in Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

I saw a gentleman bring in a bag while I was shopping at a Gucci store actually at there main office in the US and they said that they cannot check a bag to see if its authentic or not. Then again your individual store may be different.

Many yrs back i purchased a Dior Bag fr Ebay.
When it arrived, it just doesn't seem rite. So i brought it to a local Dior boutique, and the SA was kind enough to show me a real one and we compared the differences. She never once said that my bag was fake (perhaps she didn't want to embarrass me).
Needless to say, i emailed the seller all the proofs and was refunded.
However i'm not sure about Gucci. Maybe you can call the boutique and check.:smile:

thank you so muchh : ) i think i will go to the store with the person and compare their bag with the one in the store.. but i posted pictures of it in the "authentiate" it post and it was thoguth to be a fake : S so im not sure.. but hopefully its jsut bad quality of picture : ))))

To my limited knowledge I know that Gucci will not authenticate (I speak for 2 countries, Australia and Singapore). And I know that the US ladies have said that the US does not as well so it is a worldwide policy.