Can extreme cold damage a lambskin bag

Candace30

O.G.
Oct 20, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I have a Dior lambskin bag being shipped to me (UPS ground shipping from New York to LA). The bag will take 5 days to arrive. I'm a little concerned because of the extreme cold throughout the US. Do you think my bag will be damaged by being in transit for 5 days in these extreme temperatures? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dior lambskin bag being shipped to me (UPS ground shipping from New York to LA). The bag will take 5 days to arrive. I'm a little concerned because of the extreme cold throughout the US. Do you think my bag will be damaged by being in transit for 5 days in these extreme temperatures? Thanks in advance for your help!
I don't think so. People use these bags outdoors during the cold months all the time and they don't seem to get damaged by just cold temperatures. Besides, they were shipped to a boutique in a similar manner (they don't have a special temperature-controlled shipment. That only applies to temperature-sensitive samples like certain foods and biological specimens). So if they can survive their way to the boutique this way and still look pristine, then it shouldn't be any different when they are shipped out to you.

I am so worried about my bag that also got shipped a couple of days ago. It’s so cold here in the east coast and for some reason, it got routed even further away from me than where it started. So mad about Fed Ex and my SA never mentioning about the overnight shipping. It said shipping is 2 days so I never worried about it. Now it’s supposed to take 5 days!

I am so worried about my bag that also got shipped a couple of days ago. It’s so cold here in the east coast and for some reason, it got routed even further away from me than where it started. So mad about Fed Ex and my SA never mentioning about the overnight shipping. It said shipping is 2 days so I never worried about it. Now it’s supposed to take 5 days!

Waiting can be a pain, when we care so much, we get so worried and overthink everything. It's really annoying that the journey will take an extra 3 days but these are unprecedented times ATM in most of the world. They may have given you a worst scenario date and so perhaps the package will get to you sooner. I hope you get your bag soon and that you'll love it.

Reactions: Chloe1004
Thank you so much! I checked this morning and it is now much closer. Only about an hour away now. Supposed to still arrive in 2 days but maybe I will get it tomorrow. I just panicked yesterday when I saw the package two states away in a different direction to here!

Reactions: papertiger