Can Chanel patent leather be repaired?

cry4moons

Pana Niktos
May 18, 2016
Hi
This is from 1990 in overall pristine condition. The bag looks perfect, no scratch or problems on soft leather, no problems with hardware, puffy quilting, used it handful of time only. The only problem is patent/glazed leather (I'm not sure which one is it), that started to crack and even peel in some places (I feel it's designer flaw, as patent placed in these places had to crack, since shape of this bag was reinforcing crumbling and this leather couldn't handle it- I feel sides of the bag should have been soft leather not stiff one. Anyhow, is it possible to repair it (I mean patch glazed/patent leather or change it completely with soft on the sides of the bag. Would Chanel repair it, any third services anyone could recommend in case? WP_20170119_17_31_55_Pro.jpg

Thanks a bunch

Hi
This is from 1990 in overall pristine condition. The bag looks perfect, no scratch or problems on soft leather, no problems with hardware, puffy quilting, used it handful of time only. The only problem is patent/glazed leather (I'm not sure which one is it), that started to crack and even peel in some places (I feel it's designer flaw, as patent placed in these places had to crack, since shape of this bag was reinforcing crumbling and this leather couldn't handle it- I feel sides of the bag should have been soft leather not stiff one. Anyhow, is it possible to repair it (I mean patch glazed/patent leather or change it completely with soft on the sides of the bag. Would Chanel repair it, any third services anyone could recommend in case? View attachment 3585007

Thanks a bunch
Chanel will not repair or refurbish a bag this old. You would need to look for a third part repair place such as Leather Surgeons.

Hi
This is from 1990 in overall pristine condition. The bag looks perfect, no scratch or problems on soft leather, no problems with hardware, puffy quilting, used it handful of time only. The only problem is patent/glazed leather (I'm not sure which one is it), that started to crack and even peel in some places (I feel it's designer flaw, as patent placed in these places had to crack, since shape of this bag was reinforcing crumbling and this leather couldn't handle it- I feel sides of the bag should have been soft leather not stiff one. Anyhow, is it possible to repair it (I mean patch glazed/patent leather or change it completely with soft on the sides of the bag. Would Chanel repair it, any third services anyone could recommend in case? View attachment 3585007

Thanks a bunch
Hello!
Any success?

Hi

Thanks a bunch
I have the same problem,still looking thought,bummer that chanel dont fix thier own product specially the patent one

Hard to really tell in the picture, but I would probably not worry about the creasing as I don't see how that would fixable, and use a black permanent marker to color in the light parts where the patent peeled. That way it just looks like distressed leather but at least it is all black.