Can Chanel chain flap straps be replaced?

bellacherie

Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2006
I've can't find any topics relating to this, so wanted to ask if it was possible to change the strap (for a longer strap) on a flap? The one I'm talking about is leather and golden chain.

Thanks so much!

It all depends whether a longer strap is available. The same would be true if you wanted a shorter strap. The reason I say this is years ago I had a black lamb bucket purse. The straps were very long which really didn't bother me. After a few years of daily use, it went in for the Chanel spa treatment. Since the chains had lost the golden hue (plating wore off), they changed the straps out but all they had were some that were shorter. They put a notation on the receipt. The straps were still long, just not super long. Best guess is it depends on what they have on hand and there may be no telling until it gets there. I doubt any SA will know either but be sure you can specify what you want on the ticket (exactly how much longer chains you want).

helo jmen, wat do mean by chanel spa treatment?how long should have it done?its juz that im gonna buy my very first chanel bag soooon.. and i want to lasts it forever... and how much is the charge? wat documentation should i show to the chanel shop/chanel centre? thanx

Fruits, you will know when the bag needs help. It will look faded, dull, maybe the plating on the hardware is scratched but more so that the plating loses the luster, on the gold anyway.

A purse can be gone from 6 to 8 weeks, depending on the workload, and sometimes not that long. The fee depends on what needs to be done. The purse I spoke of was my first pre-loved Chanel that I found in a thrift store. I shlepped it every day to work, rain, snow -- you name it. Oh I do use umbrellas for inclement weather, too. And back then there were no specialty products for DIY cleaning, conditioning.

Chanel can replace hardware, replace chains, redye, clean and condition. Just about anything. To redye the heart chain that I rescued from an ebayer was less than $200. It's the replating and replacing chains that will cost more but for cleaning, conditioning work, I would say under $150. I'm guessing here but others can chime in or ask the SA.

DO NOT include the authenticity card, receipt, dust jacket or box when you take the purse in. They know real from fake. I have never been asked for a receipt. If you leave the authenticity card in the bag, chances are it won't be with the purse when it comes back to you and they can't issue a replacement card.

Fruits, you will know when the bag needs help. It will look faded, dull, maybe the plating on the hardware is scratched but more so that the plating loses the luster, on the gold anyway.

A purse can be gone from 6 to 8 weeks, depending on the workload, and sometimes not that long. The fee depends on what needs to be done. The purse I spoke of was my first pre-loved Chanel that I found in a thrift store. I shlepped it every day to work, rain, snow -- you name it. Oh I do use umbrellas for inclement weather, too. And back then there were no specialty products for DIY cleaning, conditioning.

Chanel can replace hardware, replace chains, redye, clean and condition. Just about anything. To redye the heart chain that I rescued from an ebayer was less than $200. It's the replating and replacing chains that will cost more but for cleaning, conditioning work, I would say under $150. I'm guessing here but others can chime in or ask the SA.

DO NOT include the authenticity card, receipt, dust jacket or box when you take the purse in. They know real from fake. I have never been asked for a receipt. If you leave the authenticity card in the bag, chances are it won't be with the purse when it comes back to you and they can't issue a replacement card.
I actually went to Chanel in Beverly Hills and left my vintage for replacing strap and hardware, and they sent my 2.55 back after few weeks stating that they cannot do anything with it because the bag is too old and had been worked on :sad:(((((

I actually went to Chanel in Beverly Hills and left my vintage for replacing strap and hardware, and they sent my 2.55 back after few weeks stating that they cannot do anything with it because the bag is too old and had been worked on :sad:(((((

You are replying to a thread from 2008. Many things have changed!

You are replying to a thread from 2008. Many things have changed!

Yes just like what @Christofle said, many things have changed since then. Back in 2008, you could go in and send your chanel to get a spa treatment. Sometime in 2014 or something, they started requiring a receipt of the purchased item to get it repaired from the chanel spa and even with that, it had to be within 5 years. People started going to leather surgeons because they do the repairs for chanel anyways.

Yes just like what @Christofle said, many things have changed since then. Back in 2008, you could go in and send your chanel to get a spa treatment. Sometime in 2014 or something, they started requiring a receipt of the purchased item to get it repaired from the chanel spa and even with that, it had to be within 5 years. People started going to leather surgeons because they do the repairs for chanel anyways.

I'm not sure if that's only the case in the US. My SA in Canada told me that I could bring any of my items in for repair even if they were older as long as they had my original receipt in their system.

I'm not sure if that's only the case in the US. My SA in Canada told me that I could bring any of my items in for repair even if they were older as long as they had my original receipt in their system.
I found this. It seems like they will do repairs but not refinish or refurbished like spa..it also depends on the SA you come across.

I actually went there a few months ago so it is accurate news. I did message Leather Surgeon and they just responded to me. I"ll send them my bag since Chanel in BH failed.

Reactions: ashin121