Can apple conditioner save cervo lux?

chloefans

May 30, 2009
I read so many threads about crack and peeling from cervo lux bag. However, I completely fell in love in one of them today. I would really love to keep it, but again, quite hesitate because of those peeling and cracking issue.

Can someone tell me if they apply apple conditioner to the bag, will it save the bag from cracking and peeling after several use?

EEK....I doubt it but I'm not sure....I don't think the issues w/ that leather/finish have anything to due with lack of moisture..it just doesn't bond to the lether properly..I know how you feel....I've been in love with a few bags in this leather and have not bought them...it kills me too b/c I love the bag...but NO WAY will I spend that much $$ on a bag only to have it ruined on it's own in a very short time......JMO

I am so fixated on the lovely chain that I can't get rid of the one I have left. It's new also so looks pretty good. But I did spray it heavily with Wilsons especially around the edges and corners and seams, and it's been hanging quietly in my closet for 6 months. I pulled it out the other day and there is wear along an edge that wasn't there before. It was just lightly pressing against another bag lined up next to it. I swear the stuff flakes off just when you look at it. And what a shame! This is the style bag I always wanted and thought I had but today I went an ordered the same style in plain pebbled leather.

It's pretty poor on Prada's behalf to release a line of bags that don't withstand much normal usage. Given the cost of these babies, I reckon they should refund anyone who bought one. It puts me off trying ANY new finishes until I see feedback here - it's not fair to those who are effectively "guinea pigs"! Good luck with your bag - hope you can do something for it.