can anyone recommed a jeweler in NY Diamond District?

bhurry

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Hi all, I'm planning to go to NY this weekend, and was wondering if anybody can recommed a jeweler in the diamond district. any help is appreciated. thank you

spylove22

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
I don't know of any but I heard on the news the traffic uptown and midtown will be really bad because of the Pope's visit in case you're driving in.

j0s1e267

O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
How about Mark T from Engagement Rings Direct or Leon Mege? They are highly recommended on Pricescope.

2manybags

O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
I went to a couple places recently, Shenoa & Co, Golda, and one more that I can't remember. If you do a search, you might find a couple threads on the NY Diamond district. I was surprised that the places I went to pushed the good quality GIA stones and didn't even waste time showing me bad EGL stones. All stores admitted that EGL grading is way off from what it should be. Anyway, I wasn't impressed by the prices. Not much of a discount compared to local jewelers.

BAGLADY121

Nov 20, 2006
MY FAMILY HAS BOUGHT MULTIPLE ITEMS FROM ZOLAND . THE ARE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF 47TH NEAR 7TH AVE. THEY SELL HITGHER END ITEMS, BUT HAVE GREAT QUALITY AND GOOD PRICES. THEY HAVE EVEN UPGRADED STUFF FOR MY MOM.:tup:

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
They Are All Sharks!!!!! Beware....

That isn't true at all. I have done a lot of shopping In NYC's jewlery district and you really have to be familar with what you are looking for and shop around. There are plenty of great places with great quality and prices and then there are some not so great places... My best advice is to be prepared and research what you are shopping for before hand, so you can judge the diamonds yourself instead of just taking their word for it. My favorite jeweler in the diamond district is I.D. jewlery on 47th street. I have been going to them for around 7 years and they are extremely honest and have amazing quality stones and great prices. They have a website, I.D. jewelryonline.com but I recomend going in person. I have been nothing but thrilled with them