Can anyone post a pic of their shortened VCA VA bracelet?

I'm thinking of removing two links between each motif for a total of 10 links because I like the idea of maintaining even spacing. My wrist is 5.5", so I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if so how does it look?
My boutique had model bracelets of the different shortened bracelets to try on and it allows you to visual what the bracelet will look like and the fit. So suggest seeing if you can try one in the boutique.

My wrist is exactly 6” and I just removed 2 links. It is perfect for me. They have a chain demo you can try on at the boutique, with different link removal options. You might need more than 2 links removed, so ask in the store. I love how my bracelet turned out and it took under 2 weeks.

My wrist is also 5.5" - removed 4 links in total between motifs only (one link between motifs). Do not remove links on the ends.

Removing 10 links will make this bracelet too tight. I can take a pic for you tomorrow.

Last edited:
I bought the lucky bracelet a few months ago and had several links removed. I think that the heart is a little close to the clasp. They lay it out with a model, but the Lucky motifs are differently shaped, so it didnt' work out exactly as planned. But, I love it and don't want to send it back (I sent it out two times). I think that you could always ask them to change it if you're unhappy with the result.

I never tried a va bracelet on before today and I would definitely need it shortened! I asked the SA if they do that often - she said that about 80% of their customers shorten their bracelets.

First of all, please excuse the gym clothes and the terrible photo taking skill.:facepalm:
The wrist shown is somewhere in btwn 13.5cm-14cm. From the pic, the bracelet is 16cm end to end. The spacing is slightly longer on one of the last segment close to the clasp. The spacing does look kinda funny (too short) when you look at it, but it looks ok wearing.
I think if I were to get another VA bracelet, i probably won't have it shorten. But rather, i'll just clip it to the chain (it looks feels pretty secure) and I kinda like the dingling clover. Furthermore, I can connect to another 5motif bracelet. My current 5 motif is just to short to make it a 10motif necklace.
That's just my personal opinion. Have fun deciding..
IMG_3428.JPG IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3421.JPG IMG_3426.JPG

I think if I were to get another VA bracelet, i probably won't have it shorten. But rather, i'll just clip it to the chain (it looks feels pretty secure) and I kinda like the dingling clover. Furthermore, I can connect to another 5motif bracelet. My current 5 motif is just to short to make it a 10motif necklace.

Now that’s a good point. I have heard that two 5s does not equal a 10 and so 2x5 will be too short for a necklace.... however, I had an SA tell me recently that’s not necessarily the case, and she has had clients with small enough build that they could do two 5s. I will have to see if this is possible. Also, even if it’s not possible, I might get a little OCD about the bracelet spacing not matching the necklace spacing....

Now that’s a good point. I have heard that two 5s does not equal a 10 and so 2x5 will be too short for a necklace.... however, I had an SA tell me recently that’s not necessarily the case, and she has had clients with small enough build that they could do two 5s. I will have to see if this is possible. Also, even if it’s not possible, I might get a little OCD about the bracelet spacing not matching the necklace spacing....

IMG_9658.JPG
Here is a picture with two five vs one 10 necklace

My wrist is exactly 6” and I just removed 2 links. It is perfect for me. They have a chain demo you can try on at the boutique, with different link removal options. You might need more than 2 links removed, so ask in the store. I love how my bracelet turned out and it took under 2 weeks.
Hi Alison! Any chance you could share a photo of what yours look like after links removal?

Reactions: anonymouslyhere
First of all, please excuse the gym clothes and the terrible photo taking skill.:facepalm:
The wrist shown is somewhere in btwn 13.5cm-14cm. From the pic, the bracelet is 16cm end to end. The spacing is slightly longer on one of the last segment close to the clasp. The spacing does look kinda funny (too short) when you look at it, but it looks ok wearing.
That's just my personal opinion. Have fun deciding..
View attachment 4068136 View attachment 4068137 View attachment 4068138 View attachment 4068139
Thank you so so much for the insightful comment and photos! I am new to Purse Forum and in fact reason why I joined this forum is because I have been so torn with buying my first VCA bracelet as I have really small wrist and struggle to decide how many links to remove so that I don’t ruin the look of the bracelet and most importantly i want it to fit me properly. My wrist is around 14 cm like yours and I measured some old bracelets to have a better idea, most of my current bracelet are between 15.5 to 16cm max....I was just wondering how many links did you ask them to remove and since it’s now shorter do you find it easy to hook the clasp by yourself or you would need help by someone else to put it on for you? I hope my questions made sense and look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

Thank you so so much for the insightful comment and photos! I am new to Purse Forum and in fact reason why I joined this forum is because I have been so torn with buying my first VCA bracelet as I have really small wrist and struggle to decide how many links to remove so that I don’t ruin the look of the bracelet and most importantly i want it to fit me properly. My wrist is around 14 cm like yours and I measured some old bracelets to have a better idea, most of my current bracelet are between 15.5 to 16cm max....I was just wondering how many links did you ask them to remove and since it’s now shorter do you find it easy to hook the clasp by yourself or you would need help by someone else to put it on for you? I hope my questions made sense and look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

My wrist is about the same size as yours and I always planned to have my bracelets shortened, however, I realized that I like being able to slip them on without undoing the clip, which is almost impossible for me to do unassisted, but it’s not loose enough that it will fall off my hand. You can do the 1 dangling motif method also, but it’s probably best with heartier stones. My main rationale behind not shortening the bracelet was that I realized 2 bracelets is the perfect length for a necklace on me, as the 10 motif hits me a tiny bit low. Here is the YG bracelet I just added today worn as a necklace, the turquoise is attached behind.
IMG_6844.jpg