Can anyone please tell me why H rainbows are so expensive?

There are certainly good reasons why Hermes accessories cost as much as they do. But I just can't justify for myself, buying an accessory for $800! Would love to, but just can't do it. I got my Hermes orange Ulysse PM as a gift and purchased a pre-loved Hermes yellow post-it note holder. For my other accessories, I purchased an assortment of affordable top quality leather brands. I still made myself a pretty cute rainbow... or at least, I think I have! :cutesy:

salamina, regardless if its branded H or not, thats still a very pretty rainbow you have in your bag... :tup:

Salamina ~ What A Magnificent Rainbow!!!!!!

There are certainly good reasons why Hermes accessories cost as much as they do. But I just can't justify for myself, buying an accessory for $800! Would love to, but just can't do it. I got my Hermes orange Ulysse PM as a gift and purchased a pre-loved Hermes yellow post-it note holder. For my other accessories, I purchased an assortment of affordable top quality leather brands. I still made myself a pretty cute rainbow... or at least, I think I have! :cutesy:

aww your rainbow's just as pretty :girlsigh:

Salamina,

Your rainbow is very cute. It's very obvious that you put a lot of thought into collecting all these colorful pieces. I agree that Hermes accessories are so expensive, that's why I treat myself to one item when a personal goal is accomplished and not go crazy when I visit the Hermes store.

Congrats!:tup:

I just have to note that I find it hilarious and awesome that my H multipurpose-do-it-all-wonder, the Karo, costs more than the purses that it sits in :roflmfao:

I was comparing the prices for a cardholder - they are very similar in prices....

however i cant say the same for their wallets. H wallets are premium priced items IMO :biggrin:

Hermes wallets are their cash cows. Hermes knows that practically every H fan would want to get a H wallet (or two, or three ...) to go with their prized H bag/s.

The more hours it takes for a craftsman to put a small leather accessory together, the more expensive the price tag.

As for cardholder .... the simple ones are very affordable. But not the high end ones like the Bearn cardholder. That's pricey.

bagluv, Mediana, Geminiz06, kashmira, Grand Latte, Nola, lvcrazy646 - Thank you all so much!

kashmira - it's a huge mix of brands - Aspinal of London, Buxton, Danier, Belle Hop (sooo soft!), Retro 51, handmade (one by a TPFer!), and of course, Hermes!

Grand Latte -I like that idea - it's a great strategy for acquiring Hermes accessories in a manner that is ouchle$$ (well, almost ouchle$$). I think I know what I'll be getting myself for my birthday...:yes: