Can anyone please help me with MJ Bronze Metallic Leather?

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi everyone!
I am really interested in purchasing a '09 Bronze Stam, but I am concerned about how the leather will wear over time. I have done my homework here in the MJ Subforum, but all I can find is info about the older metallic bags and the wear on them. Do the newer bags have problems with wear as well?
I am drooling over this bronze stam, but don't want to purchase it if I will be disappointed in how it looks after a few months.
Also, I do not have a large handbag collection (recently sold most of them off to make room for NEW!) so this bag would probably be heavily worn; not just an occasional bag.
Also, any input on the bronze color (is it really "blingy" or more subtle?) would be wonderful!
All/any advice welcome!
Thanks so much!!
:biggrin:

i have the bronze bruna, and at one time, i used it almost everyday. no rub-off/fading whatsoever. it's a great color probably the most versatile metallic next to grey from that season. you should really go for it. it's a stunning color.

Thanks Tad!
Do you consider the Bronze to be really "blingy", or is it a more of a subtle metallic? In some of the pix I have seen it looks sparkley/blingy, and in others it is more subtle. I can't tell if it is just the camera flash.

Last edited:
i don't think it would be blingy at all, i had a lzw in bronze at one time, it is a nice subtle metallic. tad is right the bronze is stunning! i have the metallic grey stam and have two metallic lzws that have had no issues with the metallic rubbing or wearing off. hope that helps and good luck!! please do a reveal if you decide to get the bronze! :smile:

I think bronze is a fabulous neutral - not blingy at all like the gold would be IMO. The leather is actually surprisingly durable, too. Here are a few pics of mine. HTH! I can't imagine you'd regret getting one. :smile:
ETA: Darn! It's not letting me upload the close-ups of the color and these modeling shots are a bit blurry. Sorry!)

Attachments

• bronze stam 002.jpg
    bronze stam 002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 69
  • bronze stam 001.jpg
    bronze stam 001.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Tad!
Do you consider the Bronze to be really "blingy", or is it a more of a subtle metallic? In some of the pix I have seen it looks sparkley/blingy, and in others it is more subtle. I can't tell if it is just the camera flash.

not at all bling-y. it's about as subtle as a metallic can be, and i think you could wear it with a lot.

I dislike all flashy colors, and I can tell you right now that bronze is a perfect neutral. I own a Large Zip Wallet in bronze, and as you know wallets are used frequently and not-too-gently. However, mine is still in perfect condition, and I absolutely love this color. Here are some pretty accurate representations of bronze:

LargeZipWalletBronze006.jpg

BronzeSingle001.jpg