Can anyone please help me with MJ Bronze Metallic Leather?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!
    I am really interested in purchasing a '09 Bronze Stam, but I am concerned about how the leather will wear over time. I have done my homework here in the MJ Subforum, but all I can find is info about the older metallic bags and the wear on them. Do the newer bags have problems with wear as well?
    I am drooling over this bronze stam, but don't want to purchase it if I will be disappointed in how it looks after a few months.
    Also, I do not have a large handbag collection (recently sold most of them off to make room for NEW!) so this bag would probably be heavily worn; not just an occasional bag.
    Also, any input on the bronze color (is it really "blingy" or more subtle?) would be wonderful!
    All/any advice welcome!
    Thanks so much!!
    :biggrin:

2. i have the bronze bruna, and at one time, i used it almost everyday. no rub-off/fading whatsoever. it's a great color probably the most versatile metallic next to grey from that season. you should really go for it. it's a stunning color.

3. #3 Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    Thanks Tad!
    Do you consider the Bronze to be really "blingy", or is it a more of a subtle metallic? In some of the pix I have seen it looks sparkley/blingy, and in others it is more subtle. I can't tell if it is just the camera flash.

4. i don't think it would be blingy at all, i had a lzw in bronze at one time, it is a nice subtle metallic. tad is right the bronze is stunning! i have the metallic grey stam and have two metallic lzws that have had no issues with the metallic rubbing or wearing off. hope that helps and good luck!! please do a reveal if you decide to get the bronze! :smile:

5. Thanks for the info, everyone!
    Any other info is definitely welcome!!!

6. I think bronze is a fabulous neutral - not blingy at all like the gold would be IMO. The leather is actually surprisingly durable, too. Here are a few pics of mine. HTH! I can't imagine you'd regret getting one. :smile:
    ETA: Darn! It's not letting me upload the close-ups of the color and these modeling shots are a bit blurry. Sorry!)

Attached Files:

7. not at all bling-y. it's about as subtle as a metallic can be, and i think you could wear it with a lot.

8. I dislike all flashy colors, and I can tell you right now that bronze is a perfect neutral. I own a Large Zip Wallet in bronze, and as you know wallets are used frequently and not-too-gently. However, mine is still in perfect condition, and I absolutely love this color. Here are some pretty accurate representations of bronze:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. nice pictures, bom!

10. Wow! Yes, nice pix, everyone!
    Thanks for all the info!
    This is great!

11. Thanks, tad & cooper! Glad I was able to help.

12. Those pics are killer, blackonmaroon - I LOVE the bronze! It's the perfect metallic, subtle and very chic.

13. Aw, thanks, Loquita!

14. Bronze is fantastic! It is a very subtle metallic. Not blingy.

Attached Files: