Can anyone please help me? I am losing my sleep over it.

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
I have too many stainless steel watches so I usually wear a silver tone watch even with gold jewelry. I was thinking of adding cartier tank solo 18k gold watch to my collection but I have a couple of questions.

1.Do I really need a gold watch or is it ok to wear a silver tone watch with gold jewelry? I mean mixing up tones?

2. My biggest concern is that I have a 5.5" wrist so will the tank solo look too big? The dimensions of tank solo are 1.25" length and 1" width. ( I don't have a Cartier boutique nearby where I can go and check it on my wrist).

My budget is $3500-$4000. any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your input.

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
I think it's okay to mix metals. I used to wear only platinum/white gold/silver, but now I wear white, yellow, and rose gold. Perhaps you could incorporate some other silver tone jewelry?
As far as a new watch is concerned, I love Cartier watches. Many of them are so classic. If you really feel that you want/need a new watch, Cartier is certainly a good choice. I can't help you with size. That would be something that you would need to go see in person somewhere. Have you checked any of your local jewelers to see if any of them carry Cartier? I don't have any Cartier boutiques near me, but I have seen Cartier in some of the high-end jewelry stores.
Best of luck with your choice:smile:

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I think it's okay to mix metals. I used to wear only platinum/white gold/silver, but now I wear white, yellow, and rose gold.
Same for me. I think a generation ago mixing metals might have been a "no-no" (like no white after labor day) but not now.

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
I have too many stainless steel watches so I usually wear a silver tone watch even with gold jewelry. I was thinking of adding cartier tank solo 18k gold watch to my collection but I have a couple of questions.

1.Do I really need a gold watch or is it ok to wear a silver tone watch with gold jewelry? I mean mixing up tones?

2. My biggest concern is that I have a 5.5" wrist so will the tank solo look too big? The dimensions of tank solo are 1.25" length and 1" width. ( I don't have a Cartier boutique nearby where I can go and check it on my wrist).

My budget is $3500-$4000. any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for your input.
Summer, you might want to consider Ronde Solo, similar style but dial is round. The small size is 29mm, slightly smaller than your aqua terra at 30mm.

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
The jewelers that are nearby and carry cartier do not have this model.
If they carry Cartier, is it possible that they could order in the style you want? Most jewelers have the ability to order in various styles and you are not required to purchase anything if it's not right for you.

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
Thanks girls for your input. i guess it is always good to try the watch on before making such a big investment.