can anyone ID my mystery MJ?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi all,

I purchased this bag probably 10 years ago from a consignor who mostly had things from fashion editors and runway shows--this was before MJ started becoming so hot and I"m wondering if it was a prototype for a bag they didn't make many of since I've never seen one like it since. It's 8.5 inches across the bottom, 6 inches high and 4 inches wide. Thanks for your help!

mj1.jpg mj2.jpg mj3.jpg
  2. I've never seen this style bag, but it looks so cute! Sort of like a doctor satchel bag? His bags starting coming out in 2000-2001, so perhaps when he was a budding designer he made that bag. What color is it, black or purple?

3. It's actually burgundy, a lot like the deeper color of the PF banner. I like it because it's small and kind of like MJ's take on the Kelly

4. wow, that is a small bag! very adorable....love the shape, style. and i definitely agree it does look like a take on the Kelly. I love the shape. wish he'd make those. :smile: congrats on acquiring a rare gem and for posting.

5. I think you can email those pics to someone @ MJ and they can help you. I did this last year for one of my mom's bags from his second season. It took about two weeks but someone eventually got back to me. I did it thru the boutique though so try there first.

GL:yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice