Can anyone help me w/ Hold Me vs. Hold Me Maxi & w/ messenger strap questions?

Aug 18, 2009
Hi, I have a regular HM, but am considering also a HM Maxi- now I looked on BE's website and compared the measurements, so I know mathematically the difference in size, but also I know reality can be something all together different...-

Does anyone have both?

And if so,
1) Do you find the HM Maxi enough difference in size to make it worth it?

and

2) Do you ever wear a HM Maxi with a messenger strap; if so, do you like it? Is it comfortable or practical?

Thank you for anyone who can shed light on my HM dilemma...
(if this is a duplicate post, I'm sorry, but I searched and came up empty...)

Thank you Odebdo!! I searched and searched and did not see the pictures your link takes me to!
They are great comparison shots and they help immensely.
PS- I love your labs! I have one yellow lab; they're great pals to have around!

Well...I remembered someone got a Maxi in that bespoke...and took pictures...so I went searching!

And thanks! I love my boys! :heart: They are a wee bit spoiled! LOL!

I have both sizes and use them differently. The regular for shopping, because I can find my wallet, glasses and keys very easy, and as a car bag for the same reasons..here I also can get hold of my water bottle/ fruit etc. quite fast.
I use the Maxi if I need to pack clothes or other large things with me...but also for shopping, but as a container for my goods!
The Maxi is a large bag for sure, and my DILs also use it for a baby bag.

I find the strap on a Maxi neccesary, because when filled up, it's useful to be able to have both hands free , when getting things out of the car, having other things in your hands etc. I also have an outer pocket, so my wallet, keys can be found without me rummaging the bag! All this I found out of after recieving my maxi Orange, this one does not have strap or outer pocket..rats! I love the Orange, but missing these features irritates me a lot!

I have both sizes and use them differently. The regular for shopping, because I can find my wallet, glasses and keys very easy, and as a car bag for the same reasons..here I also can get hold of my water bottle/ fruit etc. quite fast.
I use the Maxi if I need to pack clothes or other large things with me...but also for shopping, but as a container for my goods!
The Maxi is a large bag for sure, and my DILs also use it for a baby bag.

I find the strap on a Maxi neccesary, because when filled up, it's useful to be able to have both hands free , when getting things out of the car, having other things in your hands etc. I also have an outer pocket, so my wallet, keys can be found without me rummaging the bag! All this I found out of after recieving my maxi Orange, this one does not have strap or outer pocket..rats! I love the Orange, but missing these features irritates me a lot!

Thank you for this great answer- This settles my mind that I do want a Maxi with a messenger strap....and I never would have thought about an outside zipper, but your points for it are really good- I think I'd get one on a Maxi too- thank you for your input! I appreciate it!

Thanks, Just a couple of pics to show you how nicely the pocket is placed. I did not have a strap on these bags when I recieved them, but got slots w/ rings and straps later, when I saw how great this worked for my DILs bags.

Well, now one cant buy straps seperately, so I can only advice to get them with the bag. ;)

Attachments

• P1010063.JPG
    P1010063.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMGP0665-1.JPG
    IMGP0665-1.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 62
that is exactly as what jackie and rose suggested to me when I asked about a Maxi Hold Me , messenger strap, outside strap and internal baby bottle pocket .

Bonnie is definitely the Hold Me :queen:

Haha..no, just a Hold me Magpie!:nuts:

BTW..I don't understand why it is not possible to get extra straps..on BEC one is encouraged to prepare the bag for straps till later use!

From BEC Maxi Hold me:

"This bag can be worn messenger style - simply add a messenger strap or tabs for messenger strap if you think you might want to purchase one in the future. "

I've got a pre owned maxi Hold Me and I am able to carry it hand held as I'm quite tall plus on shoulder but I'm wondering how comfortable it would be to wear as a messenger when full as it would be quite weighty? Bonnie, how do you find it comfort wise?

Haha..no, just a Hold me Magpie!:nuts:

BTW..I don't understand why it is not possible to get extra straps..on BEC one is encouraged to prepare the bag for straps till later use!

From BEC Maxi Hold me:

"This bag can be worn messenger style - simply add a messenger strap or tabs for messenger strap if you think you might want to purchase one in the future. "

I had the EXACT same thought when I read what you quoted!!!!! Tad frustrating there....

Thanks, Just a couple of pics to show you how nicely the pocket is placed. I did not have a strap on these bags when I recieved them, but got slots w/ rings and straps later, when I saw how great this worked for my DILs bags.

Well, now one cant buy straps seperately, so I can only advice to get them with the bag. ;)

Hi Bonnie- I have a pocket question for the HMM- have you ever gotten the External Leather Slip Pocket option on the outside, rather then the zipper? Do you know if it's open, or does it have a flap at the top to kinda close it off?

Thank you again!!:smile: