Can Anyone Explain Pre Order with a full deposit

4Elegance

O.G.
Dec 6, 2009
Hi PF,
I’ve gotten different answers from CA so I will ask you guys. If I put a pre order with a full deposit does it guarantee my purchase will be shipped eventually?

One CA said the system doesn’t allow them to enter a Pre Order with a full deposit if the order won’t be filled another told me that there is a 50/50 chance you get the item.

I know you can’t change your order until the item comes in. How long does it take LV to tell you a pre order won’t be filled and refund your money?

I’d love to hear your experiences. Thank you in advance

Rituals83

Jan 8, 2019
I did a preorder once with full deposit, got refunded about a week later saying item is being discontinued. I don’t think it was true though because people are still able to but it... so who knows! I’m in the uk though.

4Elegance

O.G.
Dec 6, 2009
I did a preorder once with full deposit, got refunded about a week later saying item is being discontinued. I don’t think it was true though because people are still able to but it... so who knows! I’m in the uk though.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was told they are doing a restock on 4/19 so hopefully I’ll know more then

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Hi PF,
I’ve gotten different answers from CA so I will ask you guys. If I put a pre order with a full deposit does it guarantee my purchase will be shipped eventually?

One CA said the system doesn’t allow them to enter a Pre Order with a full deposit if the order won’t be filled another told me that there is a 50/50 chance you get the item.

I know you can’t change your order until the item comes in. How long does it take LV to tell you a pre order won’t be filled and refund your money?

I’d love to hear your experiences. Thank you in advance
Even if you prepay, you are never guaranteed the item will be, in fact, delivered.

Reactions: bccgal

LV_BB

Jan 9, 2019
My boyfriend did a preorder for two items before, both times he was told it wasn’t a guarantee but that the CA would try and keep us informed. One item took about a month, the second item took about two weeks (with this item there was supposedly only two left in the US, but not a popular item).

Hope you get the item!

Nuuhhhcole

Feb 25, 2019
Does anyone know for sure if we can or cannot cancel an order if it hasn’t arrived or been shipped? I heard from CS that you can cancel as long as your order hasn’t been fulfilled. However, I’ve heard from others that you can’t cancel.

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
I prepaid for a bunch of catogram pieces and got a couple but an item was received in my store I had to pay for then request a refund from online and I was never able to get the other piece and also had to request a refund. I won’t prepay for items again..I have been able to get show bags without prepaying..they never told me a timeframe to receive the pieces and the whole procedure was frustrating.....

Reactions: Liberté and 1LV

Melfontana

Feb 13, 2012
I just talked to my CA to try to cancel an order... She said it’s already been processed and can’t “cancel” it. But once it arrives to her store, she can just issue the full refund.

I just came home from LV because I pre ordered the Neverfull and paid in full and they still did not receive one in Kaki. The SA issued us a full refund because it’s been over two weeks and they had no idea when they would be getting one in [emoji52]

Nuuhhhcole

Feb 25, 2019
I just came home from LV because I pre ordered the Neverfull and paid in full and they still did not receive one in Kaki. The SA issued us a full refund because it’s been over two weeks and they had no idea when they would be getting one in [emoji52]

awww noo! at least they were able to just refund you like that.
I placed an order for the micro pochette on 4/1 but I'm so impatient and managed to call a store that had it in stock this morning and placed the order (being shipped tomorrow).
the ca told me on 4/1 that there was no ETA for the order, but today she told me it should arrive within the next week, so that's why she can't just refund me now? I wish she would've told me when she knew it was going to arrive soon.
anyways, i think this pre-paying for an order policy is pretty lame, especially for this giant collection.

honestly i think you'll have quicker luck just checking where the neverfull pops up in store. i just checked and saw it available in 3 stores. i have a contact for the rodeo dr store if you're still looking.

DDXPP

Apr 7, 2019
No, pre-order with a full deposit does NOT guarantee your item.

I ordered a round coin purse (regular version, not limited edition) last year in the Washington DC boutique with full deposit. When I placed the order in store with the SA, she told me it was not discontinued, but there were only a few left in the Texas store, so they may request their stock. However, after dozens of calls in almost two weeks, I finally got my item, and the code implies that my item was produces two weeks before I received it.

The similar thing happened again just last weekend when the new Taigarama collection dropped. I went to the store the next day (Mar 30) the collection dropped, and I ordered a green Taigarama Pocket Organizer from a new SA. She told me there were only 10 left in the US, and I should act fast. I immediately placed the order by CASH, and after I told her my last experience about the round coin purse, my SA guaranteed that the item should arrive in 3-4 business days. I am a freshman in university, and I got two midterms last week, so I was quite busy. On last Friday, I finally got time to ask about my order. I contacted the online client shrives, and they told me my order could not be fulfilled on April 1st, and they will contact me for refund. I went to the boutique the next day, and the SA told me that the items were sold out across the US. I said I don't want the refund, I want my piece, so I asked her to hold my order. She said the item may not be produced anymore, and she checked the online inventory system, and said there were only 2 in the US, and that was probably due to the lag of the system. Any way, I told her to hold the order for me, and she told me to check after another week.
I went to the online store, and checked for the availability in all the store in the US, and found that only the Las Vegas CityCenter Store has inventory. I immediately placed a phone call and successfully ordered one, and I also ordered a Giant Monogram Cube Coin Purse. After about 2 hours of my order, I checked the online store again, the inventory said none of the stores in the US has the green pocket organizer any more, OMG I was so lucky.

So NO, pre-order with a full deposit does NOT guarantee your item, but you may check the online availability first and then call the store to place a phone order for you.

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
My only experience preordering was with this giant collection. I preordered & paid ahead for 4 items. I received 2 so far (Zoe & bandeau), 3rd is currently on its way to me from my ca (micro pochette) and the 4th from all the intel I’ve gathered was delayed production (TP26) & I’m not really worried about it. I’m also patient - I don’t care if it takes a while. None of these do I need “right now!”

I don’t doubt that there are no guarantees but I really don’t have the time nor patience to stalk & call all around the world etc. I prefer the ease of just reaching out 1st via text & then preordering if I choose - whatever happens happens. I like easy. It’s not the end of the world for me if I don’t get something.